Movies - Info Tip with IMDB Description/Summary

Miran, thx, got it now. I completely ovelooked the new "script" menu, because i've expected it under "film". It works great, although for AVIs (most of them) only.

Don't know, if this is the right place to mention, but if i edit my "AVI" file type, to also include the name & length, it works, but all settings are gone when i re-open the "info tip" menu. The whole page is blank, although name, length & abstract should be still present. That seems a bit strange.

The Script and the included custom columns don't take the file type into account, it just extracts the name for the TheMovieDB.org Search from the Filename. You could use every kind of file (e.g I mostly use empty files for testing).

Due to this it is not recommended include one of the colums to default view, it makes most sense within the general Movie Tooltip. Or in a Special "Movie-View" that is only used in Directories with movies in it.

Maybe I add some more options in the future, depends on my time and requests :slight_smile:

[quote="abr"]
Don't know, if this is the right place to mention, but if i edit my "AVI" file type, to also include the name & length, it works, but all settings are gone when i re-open the "info tip" menu. The whole page is blank, although name, length & abstract should be still present. That seems a bit strange.[/quote]

Sounds like it is a general problem, and has nothing to do with my script. Best thing would be to open up a new Thread and wait for the DOpus Master Leo to help :slight_smile:

Yes. That's why i wrote it in a grey color font. Great script, by the way. Blueroly didn't promise too much. :thumbsup:

I will consider that.

Miran, you are truly a God among Men... This works perfectly! I haven't been able to get the info tips working yet, but at least it works on my movie folder (with 2000+ movies in it). I also haven't tried to close the Lister after it has populated the movie columns from the script and seen if it has to re-download the column info everytime. It DOES take a while to download all the columns initially... If it 'sticks' I will be in Heaven. If the info tips can populate I will be even happier! I have been searching for this for 2 years, believe it or not, and you gone and dun it! Well done and thanks, Miran.

To all others curious about this script, it is fantastic. Remember that it works only with the latest beta (11.5.1b) installed. VERY IMPORTANT. Otherwise you'll end up trying and trying to get it to work and it just won't... :slight_smile:

Okay, an addendum to earlier message. It does not 'retain/cache' (technically) the info for my movies folder but it loads very quickly in subsequent close and opens. The columns work for every movie file type that I have designated (i.e. avi, mp4, mkv) and it is wonderful. The issue that is now outstanding is the info tip. It works only on MKV files. It works perfectly on the MKV files but for other files like MP4 and AVI it does not seem to work. I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the filetypes or not, but it seems to me that if the script can pull the info for columns for all filetypes, the same would hold true for info tips... Again, great development of the script, Miran. Much appreciated.

Okay, perhaps I should wait until I've tested things more to submit forum messages that are not moronic in content...

The script works very well on all levels and for all things after all. (Sorry, Miran, for being a turd and not checking how good this was and how user-brain-dead I was).

The issue for me was that my AVI and MP4 filetypes had specified InfoTips in their System File Types entries. So basically what was happening was that the individual filetype InfoTip entries were overriding the File Type Group (Movies) infotip entry. If you delete the infotip entires for individual filetypes, then it works perfectly. Just overlooked that when I initially started testing... Hopefully that's clear to anyone who is in the same boat as me...