Mp3 Tag File

Maybe the next scripting project could be implementing the Directory Opus 13 Light (within the Directory Opus 13) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bytespiller Sorry, but I didn't understand your comment :smile: Were you referring to Leo or me?

Neither, I expressed my amusement with the possibilities.

Understood :smile:

That would a great help Brother

1 Like

@khalidhosain are you looking for a way to edit metadata but in bulk?

You may want to take a look at this other script

1 Like

I have updated the script with three new functions:

1. Two navigation buttons that allow us to move back and forth.
  2. Track, title, artist and album from file" button, which allows us to set the values of these fields from the name of the file. For more information, press the help button for this function (?).
  3. Copyright field at the request of @khalidhosain.

In the future I would like to implement these other two functions:

1. Show a notification when you want to exit, if there are unsaved changes.
  2. Suggest music genres from the list of default genres, matching the digitized text in the genres field.

Thank you so much dear dasota for add the field.
I have 1 More Request about Geners.
Please add a feature for filled the gener field with numeric digits. Let me Explain.
I want to customized my geners list as bellow
1.Rock
2. Melody
Now when I want to add the gener tag with 'Rock' I want to press the numeric number pad '1' from my keyboard. and when I want to filled with 'Melody' I want to press the numeric number pad '2' from my keyboard.

Hello @khalidhosain , in my previous comment I said that I would like, when writing in the Genre field, to show the genres that coincide with the written text, a situation similar to the one you propose, at the moment I cannot do it, but as much as I can do it, I will do it.

1 Like

Hi @travibe, I have updated the script, maybe you will like this new version with navigation buttons.

2 Likes

Nailed it bro... you are the man, woman, or whatever you identify as. I would bless you with many gifts if I had any to bless with, so hopefully my overly prosaic response is enough to express my gratitude.

Touché, sir.

3 Likes

It makes me very happy to know that you liked the script, and you don't need to thank anything, but if you would like to do so, let all the credit go to @errante, @lxp, @WKen and @bytespiller, they made the magic happen!

1 Like

Hi dasota
I have tested your updated script But The Script works only on mp3 files. is there any chance to work this nice script with flac m4a also. I have tested with flac m4a but it's not work.
Thanks once again @lxp , @errante , @WKen , and @bytespiller

The line that controls the file type is:

if (!audio_item || audio_item.ext != '.mp3' || audio_item.metadata != 'audio') {

So including flac and m4a extensions should work, but I don't know if for example:

item.metadata.audio.mp3title

Load the values of these file types or only the Mp3 ones?!?

It should work.

Thank you very much @Leo, I'll try to solve that!

Try replacing the line:

if (!audio_item || audio_item.ext != '.mp3' || audio_item.metadata != 'audio') {

with

if (!audio_item || audio_item.metadata != 'audio') {

Should work with all audio files containing metadata.

2 Likes

are you update the main script?

I did not update the script with this new need of yours, because in addition to modifying the line seen before, I would have to modify other lines so that the navigation buttons work correctly for all types of audio files, and not only for Mp3 files, and I didn't know how to do that.

However, here is a version of the script that allows you to load the metadata of any audio file (as long as they support it) and the navigation buttons work correctly for all of them.

Mp3 Tag File (All).js.txt (16.1 KB)

2 Likes

Nice work @Dasota, very handy script. I appreciate the share!

1 Like