GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Multiple panes for Dopus 12?

I first started using Dopus ten years ago, and recall at that time I had 4 panes within a layout. Currently with Dopus 12, I can only select dual pane layout (dual vertical, or dual horizontal).

Is there any way to get the equivalent of 4 panes (whether we call them listers or folder displays) with one Dopus instance? And is a Dopus instance a lister or a layout? In the old days, I recall it was termed a lister.

Thanks,

Steph
PS. Yes, I did a search before I posted and the only results returned were those dated 2008 or earlier.

You've never been able to have more than two file displays visible at the same time in a single window.

You can have multiple windows side by side, with one or two file displays per window, and save them as a Layout which can then be recreated by loading the layout whenever you need it.

(Folder tabs also let you have more than two file displays per window, but not all visible at once.)

Thanks for your timely response. How do I setup a Layout? I would expect to see this option under [File][New Layout]. All I see is [File][New Lister]. I am using the 60-day trial of Dopus 12.9 Pro Edition.

Thanks

See Layouts in the manual to get started.

I know Q-dirs have 4 panes, if DO support this feature must be good