Multiview plugin has ceased funcitoning

Title says most of it... I'm running DOpus 9.1 under WinXP Pro Sp-2 with all patches applied. I run Webroot's Spysweeper and Antivirus and Windows built in firewall. I also have Stellent viewers installed (via both X1 and QuickView Plus 9) and until recently (as in the last week or so) was able to view office files using Multiview and the Stellent filters (8.1x.x - note that the issue I reported from the fall 2006 using 8.1.x.x filters with DOpus 8 was corrected under Dopus 9 and that I have happily been using them since March). I was annoyed at how slowly these loaded, mind you... Anyway, all multiview "viewable" files now open in the viewer using the Sourcecode viewer. I've tried disablling, reenabling, reconfiguring everything to no avail. Is it possible to download the viewer and reinstall it? Do I just download the older PD-QVP plugin?

Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Darwin,

GPSoftware just sent me a fixed version of the MultiView plugin to put online here at the forums. I've attached it to the post:

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=33841

Awesome! Thank you gpsoft and nudel!

Just a further note. Unfortunately we only found this issue after the release of 9.1 (even after 10 weeks of Beta Testing!).

For those interested in the technical details, the issue turned out to be a very simple problem with a function definition that had been changed in order to support the Unicode long word format for 64-bit support (even in 32 bit versions).

The issue was identified fairly quickly and the MultiView plugin was updated to (version 4.0.0.9 dated 11th December 2007) in the current 9.1 download archive some days ago after the original release so it should only affect those who downloaded the 9.1 version in the first few days after release.

Since this only affected a small number of users, we did not make it a major release update again announcement.

For reference, Opus has many many parts and functions, many of which are apply to certain specific needs of of users. To paraphrase a friend from the Amiga days "Any imperfections in this software are evidence of its handcrafted nature :slight_smile:"

In English, this means that if you find a specific issue with a new release that now does not work, first check the Resource Centre for any minor update notes then if there is no discussion, do please tell us directly by making a formal official tech support request ASAP and we will look at the problem with priority.