My documents folder

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to DO9 and i've noticed something that's annoying me.

I can get to My docs via "C:\Documents and Settings\me\My Documents" and also "go -> my documents" in the menu but I can't get there via "desktop - My documents"

I think there's a registry hack somewhere...

TIA

Geoff

I wonder if this is the issue?

[Double-click/right-click on desktop items does nothing (XP))

As far as I know, Microsoft haven't released a fix for it. (It doesn't affect everyone, either. My XP machine still let me double-click My Documents without problems with the hotfix installed. My Vista machine is fine as well.)

We need more information.

Q-1: Are you saying you cannot get to Desktop - My Documents from the Folder Tree? If not, does this work from the Windows Explorer Folder Tree?

Q-2: Are you saying you cannot click the My Documents shortcut on the Windows Desktop and open it in Opus?

Q-3: Are you saying you cannot click the My Documents shortcut in the Windows Desktop namespace, listed in Opus?

[quote="nudel"]I wonder if this is the issue?

[Double-click/right-click on desktop items does nothing (XP))

As far as I know, Microsoft haven't released a fix for it. (It doesn't affect everyone, either. My XP machine still let me double-click My Documents without problems with the hotfix installed. My Vista machine is fine as well.)[/quote]

Thanks Nudel, I think that is to blame for my problem.

I guess i'll have to wait for Microsoft to fix this problem in the future.

Geoff

I cannot do number 3 above, which is the issue Leo linked you to. (That is where I was going with my questions, Leo and I just posted at nearly the same time.)

[quote="kenalcock"]We need more information.

Q-1: Are you saying you cannot get to Desktop - My Documents from the Folder Tree? If not, does this work from the Windows Explorer Folder Tree?

Q-2: Are you saying you cannot click the My Documents shortcut on the Windows Desktop and open it in Opus?

Q-3: Are you saying you cannot click the My Documents shortcut in the Windows Desktop namespace, listed in Opus?[/quote]

1: Yes
2: Yes
3: No

I noticed this problem with 8.2.15, so i upgraded to 9 hoping for it to fix this problem as well :frowning:

Geoff

Geoff

Try this.[ul][li] Backup your Opus configuration.[/li]
[li] Uninstall Opus 9.[/li]
[li] Install Opus 9.[/li]
[li] Put in your registration certificate.[/li]
[li] Test #1, and #2 again and see if they work (#3 will still be an issue).[/li]
[li] Import your Opus 9 config.[/li][/ul]

There might be something wrong with your Opus file types. It could also be your Windows File types, but try this first.