Need DopusRT to open new lister with TabGroup and new tab

My default lister includes my saved layout (i.e. "Default"). The saved layout includes a TabGroup (i.e. "Default"). How should I use DopusRT to open a new lister and show my desired folder in a new tab, while still preserving the existing tabGroup displayed in my default layout?

The following command is not showing the target folder (i.e. "c:\program files")

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusRT.exe" /cmd GO "C:\Program Files" LAYOUT="Default" TABGROUPLOAD "Default" TABFINDEXISTING CURRENT NEWTAB=tofront

That is probably too much for both Go and dopusRT.

Start with a regular button, i.e.:

Prefs LAYOUT=Default
[
Go TABGROUPLOAD=Default
Go PATH=/programfiles NEWTAB
]

When it does what you want, export it to a .dcf and run it with dopusRT:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusRT.exe" /cmd "D:\New Button.dcf"

@Ixp thank you. Your suggestion works perfectly when coded into a button.
@Leo However, the command line below opens Directory Opus, but Dopus does not show on the desktop. Instead, the Dopus icon shows only in the Windows System Tray. How can I tell the Lister to show on the desktop?

Prefs LAYOUT="Default"
[
Go "C:\Program Files" NEWTAB=findexisting 
]
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusRT.exe"  /cmd "E:\Users\GaryR\Program Data\Directory Opus\Scripts\ProgramFiles.dcf"

Try running the .dcf file directly, without DOpusRT.exe /cmd.

If you're doing it from a command prompt, use the "start" command to run it:

start "" "E:\Users\GaryR\Program Data\Directory Opus\Scripts\ProgramFiles.dcf"

(The extra set of quotes are not a typo.)

@Leo Thank you. I receive the same result: the system tray shows the Dopus icon, but the lister does NOT open on my desktop. Double clicking on this icon brings up a new lister. I tried your suggestion with and without Dopus running.

To further clarify, my "Default" layout includes a tab group. What I am trying to do is to open my "Default" layout, and at the same time, add a new tab for the c:\program files (or another) folder.

This works when using a button, but I require executing this sequence from command line.

Would it be possible for you to upload a test dcf file and a command line?

Do you actually have a layout named "Default"?

(Note that the Default Lister is not the same thing as a layout named "Default".)

Double-clicking the .dcf file (from outside of Opus) should do the same thing as launching it via the "start" command.

I definitely have a layout named "Default." See below for the .dcf file that is produced when I drag the working button to my desktop. This button works as expected.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="icon" icon_size="large" label_pos="right" textcol="none">
	<label>New Button</label>
	<icon1>#newcommand</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>Prefs LAYOUT=&quot;Default&quot;</instruction>
		<instruction>[</instruction>
		<instruction />
		<instruction>Go &quot;C:\Program Files&quot; NEWTAB=findexisting </instruction>
		<instruction />
		<instruction>]</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

This means that the solution provided by @IXP is correct. I misunderstood his instructions. Here is the Step by step I performed:

1. Open Lister
  2. Right click on empty toolbar area and choose Customize
  3. From Customize - Directory Opus, choose "Commands" tab
  4. Search or scroll to "New Button" and drag this to toolbar
  5. Right click the new button in the toolbar and choose Edit
  6. Add the code:
Prefs LAYOUT="Default"
[
Go "C:\Program Files" NEWTAB=findexisting 
]
  1. Click OK to close the "Command Editor"
  2. Drag the new button to the desktop (or elsewhere)
  3. Click OK to close the "Customize" dialog
  4. Adjusting the paths as needed, execute the new button from a command prompt as follows:
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusRT.exe" /cmd "D:\New Button.dcf"

Additional Information
My mistake was using a text editor to place my command into a .dcf file as plain text. Obviously, some XML formatting is required.

Improvement Still Needed:
Ideally, I would not want to create a different button for every new folder I want to navigate to.

@Leo Is there a way to use this approach but still open the new folder from the command line? (e.g. pass the folder into the .dcf file as an argument?)

My Solution
What I ultimately learned from this experience is to either use two different commands to accomplish my objective. I can use them either in a cmd or batch or other scripting program.
So to summarize, the following commands

1. Open a New lister
  2. Opens a tab set to my desired folder
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe"  /cmd Prefs LAYOUT="Default"
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe"  /cmd go "C:\Program files" NEWTAB=findexisting

And if I already have a lister open, then only the second command is needed, as it appears to target the most recently used lister.

It sounds like you want to always open those tabs when a new window opens for a folder, not just for one special folder.

If so, make that your default lister (instead of a layout named "Default"), then turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Open all Default Lister tabs when opening a new window, and you can then use normal folder shortcuts (or the folders themselves) and open them normally, with no extra commands.

Simple but effective solution. THANK YOU!