Need help with new window settings

HI

i use version 12 and need some help to do the following, i want to:

i have a lister that starts in search pane with preview, as a liste launched with mouse button combination (hence if i choose setting "open last active lister" double clicking desktop the search lister preview opens if i just used that and i dinw want that i want the below behaviour)

1. when double click desktop opus should open in commander view
  2. for all views i want to expand date full, width of file name app 6 cm, type app 3 cm. And i want to open the last folder that was open before closing opus

any idea how to do that ?

thanks
Jorn

To set up your columns how you want them, and apply that to all folders: Folder Formats: Quick Guide

To make Opus re-open the last used folder, and remember the last closed lister layout automatically, turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister. You may also want to turn on either of both of the two options above it, to avoid having it remember and modify settings you don't want it to.

hello leo
thanks, i did that but the remaining problem is that if i opened a lister in one pane view and closed it, then after closing it and double clicking desktop the standard lister opens but also in one pane view and not 2 pane view. So what i want is to always open in 2 pane view BUT with the foldes i opened last.

Is that not possible ?

Thanks
Jorn

You could have an OnOpenLister script which changes things back to how you want them if you'd modified them before closing the last window.

Without using a script, the choice is to automatically remember the previous lister layout and its folders or to remember a fixed lister layout and folders that don't change until you explicitly save over them.

Hi Leo
Ok, can you describe the script and how to use it?
I am no programmer and have not done that before
Thanks
Jorn

Download this and drag it to Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts. It will apply the Commander style to all new windows.

Commander Style.js.txt (559 Bytes)

Contents for reference:

function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "Commander Style";
	initData.version = "1.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2019 Leo Davidson";
	initData.url = "https://resource.dopus.com/t/need-help-with-new-window-settings/31232";
	initData.desc = "Apply the Commander style whenever a window opens";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.11";
}

function OnOpenLister(openListerData)
{
	var cmd = DOpus.Create.Command();
	cmd.SetSourceTab(openListerData.lister.activetab);
	cmd.RunCommand('Prefs STYLE="Commander"');
}

Ok then you very much. What does it do?

Thanks

Jorn

Hi

i tried it and now my "search layout" starting with one pane and previewer selected dont show, it just opns in 2 pane standard view. any idea?

Jorn

Use this one instead:

After installing the script (same way as before):

• Change Preferences / Launching Opus / From the Desktop to

Run a command: OpenListerCommander

Script code for reference:

function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "Commander Style";
	initData.version = "2.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2019 Leo Davidson";
	initData.url = "https://resource.dopus.com/t/need-help-with-new-window-settings/31232";
	initData.desc = "Opens the default lister and applies the Commander style to it";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.11";

var cmd = initData.AddCommand();
	cmd.name = "OpenListerCommander";
	cmd.method = "OnOpenListerCommander";
	cmd.desc = "Opens the default lister and applies the Commander style to it";
	cmd.label = "OpenListerCommander";
	cmd.template = "";
	cmd.hide = true;
	cmd.icon = "script";
}

function OnOpenListerCommander(scriptCmdData)
{
	var cmd = DOpus.Create.Command();
	cmd.RunCommand("Go NEW");
	var res = cmd.Results;
	if (res.result != 0 && res.newlisters.count == 1)
	{
		cmd.SetSourceTab(res.newlisters(0).activetab);
		cmd.RunCommand('Prefs STYLE="Commander"');
	}
}

You may want correct your typo in case it causes any confusion, and then delete this message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, fixed. Typing with a cat on me. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Leo

thanks, that seems to work :wink:

Jorn

1 Like