Nero Toolbar and Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Has anyone tried this combination? You do have to modify the Nero toolbar to refer to the new paths introduced with this version of Nero.

I cannot seem to get it to fully create a CD. It gets about 99% done and it cannot finish. I'm not sure if something has changed in this version of NeroCmd.exe. Nero works fine via it's own interface.

Anyone else have better luck?

Wayne

I had made a reply here the other day... not sure what happened to it.

The Nero toolbar included with Opus is a bit old (one of the command line options is 'legacy' even for Nero 6.6) and it's entirely possible you've guessed correctly and that maybe something has been changed (or broken) in nerocmd.exe with v7. I've stayed away from the Nero 7 update as it's got way too many extraneous things I have no interest in or need for (I just wanna burn discs ya know :slight_smile:?), and the the whole iStream reg key thing has me a bit un-impressed.

I'd suggest you cruise on over to http://club.cdfreaks.com/ and seek some advice from those who live, eat, and breathe things cd/dvd burning related. Just let them know what command line Opus is using, and maybe someone there can steer you in the right direction - and then you can upload an updated "v7" Nero toolbar to the Opus forums :slight_smile:.

note- I saw one forum post over there from a user that seemed to indicate he was having a similar problem (it burns most of the way and then aborts) - but it didn't say anything about nerocmd. Just that he was tryign to burn a VCD.

[quote="steje"]I had made a reply here the other day... not sure what happened to it.

The Nero toolbar included with Opus is a bit old (one of the command line options is 'legacy' even for Nero 6.6) and it's entirely possible you've guessed correctly and that maybe something has been changed (or broken) in nerocmd.exe with v7. I've stayed away from the Nero 7 update as it's got way too many extraneous things I have no interest in or need for (I just wanna burn discs ya know :slight_smile:?), and the the whole iStream reg key thing has me a bit un-impressed.

I'd suggest you cruise on over to http://club.cdfreaks.com/ and seek some advice from those who live, eat, and breathe things cd/dvd burning related. Just let them know what command line Opus is using, and maybe someone there can steer you in the right direction - and then you can upload an updated "v7" Nero toolbar to the Opus forums :slight_smile:.

note- I saw one forum post over there from a user that seemed to indicate he was having a similar problem (it burns most of the way and then aborts) - but it didn't say anything about nerocmd. Just that he was tryign to burn a VCD.[/quote]

Steje,

I must admit, I only upgraded to Nero 7 because Best Buy offered it as a free upgrade, after rebate, the day after Thanksgiving. In the mean time I have gone back to version 6.6. The main thing that interested me in version 7 is the enhanced backup application.

What is iStream reg and what does it do? I don't recall seeing reference to it when I had it installed.

Thanks for suggesting cdfreaks. I did see this group a short time ago but did not explore it any detail. I should check to see if anyone knows how to make Magic's latest version of Audil Cleaning Lab work with my Lite-On writer. (I really like CD applications that work reliably. That's worth a lot more than the proliferation of features. I have enough coasters!)

Thanks for your reply!

Wayne

IStream issue is described here:
[Drag & Drop does not work for files or when customizing toolbars)
(includes a link to the CDFreaks forum where it was discovered).

Hey Wayne - sure no problem. And if you have the chance to check out the thread that Nudel referred you to regarding the effect of the iStream reg data being deleted, please let us know if you can confirm that installing Nero 7 has broken your ability to drag items to your Opus toolbar.

Out of curiosity, was it just the problems you observed with the disc not burning properly through NeroCmd that caused you to go back to v6.6, or something else?

[quote="steje"]Hey Wayne - sure no problem. And if you have the chance to check out the thread that Nudel referred you to regarding the effect of the iStream reg data being deleted, please let us know if you can confirm that installing Nero 7 has broken your ability to drag items to your Opus toolbar.

Out of curiosity, was it just the problems you observed with the disc not burning properly through NeroCmd that caused you to go back to v6.6, or something else?[/quote]

Well, I only had Nero 7 installed a short time. I then restored an image because I also lost my CD drives. They could not be seen in Windows at all.

Note: a couple of hours after installing Nero 7, I installed Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 10. It could not see my Lite-On CD burner so I tried installing alternate drivers that come with the Magix package. I think this is what killed access to my CD drives. However, it could be Nero 7 as it is listed in their FAQ.

I could try it again on my test drive. I have a removable drive bay that I use, together with Ghost. I could reinstall on a test drive and see if it causes the problem you describe. I usually test new software on the test drive first, but this time I skipped that and hosed my production drive. It's a good thing I had just made a Ghost image two days before!

I went back to Nero 6.6 because of both problems. However, before I blew the drives away, I could burn witn Nero 7 but not via the Dopus toolbare (that I modified to reflect the new paths that Nero 7 use).

Wow, sorry for taking so many words to say all of this!!

Wayne :laughing:

I just installed the latest version of Nero 7. Now the DOpus Nero Toolbar buttons work as does drag-n-drop.

Mike

I've seen much discussion regarding using the DOpus toolbar and buttons with Nero 7.x. I've also seen discussion from a number of members stating that they're staying with Nero 6. Me too - Nero 6 works great for my needs so there's no need to upgrade. Which leads me to ask...

Has anyone retrofitted the button and toolbars to work with Nero version 6?

The toolbar already works with Nero 6; it's Nero 7 that requires adjustments.