New Tabs Auto-Closing

Hi, I'm guessing this is just me, but I have a case where new tabs spawned by the "New Tab" (+) button are instantaneously closed. Here's a short video showing what happens. (Pardon the elaborate effects, I'm learning Blender.)

FYI: I'm using latest DOpus 12.20. I have tried disabling a couple toolbar buttons that might affect things.

Also, pressing Ctrl+T to spawn new tabs does work. And after that, I can press the New Tab (+) button without the new tab auto-closing. However, this only works for that tabs; all other tabs still auto-closes with said button. (This is shown in the video as well.)

Don't spend too much time troubleshooting this, I can live with it no worries.

Do you mean Ctrl+T works, but only once?

Or that Ctrl+T always works, but even after it works clicking the + button still has the problem?

If it only happens when clicking the + button then my guess is your mouse is double-clicking when you single-click, which often happens as the buttons age.

Try turning off Preferences / Folder Tabs / Options / Double-click tabs to close them to see if that's what's happening.

If that doesn't help, do you have any scripts installed? (Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts) Try disabling them and clicking Apply if so.

Ctrl+T always works.

The + button only works if I've pressed Ctrl+T on that tab once. And then only that tab's + button works. All the other tabs, no go.

No luck.

Ah. That lead to some clues. Seems when turning off the Event.Folder_CloseTabSiblings.js (v 11.6 tbone) makes + button work. Script description: "Close tab siblings (tabs with same location)". Guess I'll have to mention this in the script's forum thread. Case closed as far as DOpus main dev goes. :wink: Edit: Reported my issue on the script's thread.

1 Like