New users, few custommization questions

Hi, there! I am a new user, and I like this application a lot.

Now, I do have few minor things that I can't straighten out. One of the problems is that there are too many options, and I am getting lost in them. Not a bad thing, just a bit time consuming.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1. Toolbar - I want to make it show up for both panes. What does it take?
  2. Folder listing: I want some folders to be automatically sorted by date modified. Everything else as usual, by name. How?
  3. How do I make the viewer poin on the bottom? It is on the right side.
  4. I need a separate status bar for both panes. So far the dual status bar only shows up on the bottom.
  5. I've enabled a "home" button that allows me to quickly go up from inside a folder to its parent. However, there is another arrow that shows up and says LMB:Go Back, RMB; Go Up. How do I get rid of it? I don't want it there.
  6. If I switch between panes and/or between a pane, a previously selected file or folder will still be highlighted. As a result, I've ended up killing a wrong folder because it was somehow still selected at the same time with a folder I had actually intended to delete. Another thing I've noticed was the fact that when a folder is highlighted on the right (in a pane), it's parent is also highlighted in that pane's tree. So the chance of an accidental deleting is even higher for me. Any fix?

Hopefully you, guys, can understand what I am talking about and help me out :slight_smile:

PS> Sorry for spelling errors, LOL
And I am a registered user if it makes any difference :slight_smile:

I'm new to his too but I'll answer the few I know...

1. You need folder formats applied to the folders in question. Basically create folder formats for these and when you are editing the format there are options for what columns to sort on.
  2. The viewer pane has what looks like an equals sign(=) on the display border. Select that and it will toggle the viewer pane to the bottom of the lister.
  3. Right click on the status bar and chose "Edit Status Bar...". When the preferences window comes up there will be a check box "Separate dual-display status bar". Select it.

Hi tdog, welcome to the forum and hope you continue enjoying Opus.

Please ask one question per thread (unless the questions are closely related). That way you'll get quicker, better answers and the thread(s) will be much more useful to other people searching for information.

Leo, understood, just did not want to spam the board with multiple topics. Sorry about it.

1. Right click on the status bar and chose "Edit Status Bar...". When the preferences window comes up there will be a check box "Separate dual-display status bar". Select it.

Unfortunately this does not do the trick. I did it even before asking the question. For some reason it does not make the status bar upper on the top pane.

No problem :slight_smile:

[quote]4) Right click on the status bar and chose "Edit Status Bar...". When the preferences window comes up there will be a check box "Separate dual-display status bar". Select it.

Unfortunately this does not do the trick. I did it even before asking the question. For some reason it does not make the status bar upper on the top pane.[/quote]

Do you mean you have a dual-horizontal layout, and you want one status bar across the middle of the window, and another status bar along the bottom of the window? If so that isn't possible right now, sorry. The status bar(s) are always along the bottom of the window.

Thank you, this will work, too, I will modify it to my preference. The fact that it said it was dual mode has thrown me off course :slight_smile: