No Metadata shown for video files

Hello Dopus,

I was happily working in Dopus pro v12.23 x64 on a Windows 10 machine and I have upgraded to v12.24 on the popup for Program Updates. I am now not able to see the Duration, Frame rate, Height/Width/Dimensions etc. of video files (MP4 files basically!), which I was getting earlier.

Please see the screenshot below:

Something has broken since the upgrade. Please help. This is crucial for my work at hand, and is a deal breaker for me... :frowning:

Thanks,
Vipin

AFAIK that should not have changed between 12.23 and 12.24.

Is the Movie plugin enabled? Those columns depend on it. (You may have disabled it to make the viewer pane use a different playback method for videos. There isn't currently a way to keep the columns while changing the player, although we plan to add one in future.)

Alternatively, or if you want to keep the Movie plugin disabled, there are alternative columns which should give the same information via the Windows shell, assuming File Explorer shows the details you need:

For completeness, this may also be useful, for other columns/information:

I tried the Video metadata script you mentioned, and it worked perfectly through the Script menu. I checked the 'Movies' plugin and it is checked. So not sure what went wrong!!!

In the screenshot above, the columns marked in Green is using the script. The red ones are the default ones, which still didn't appear.

-Vipin