No sound dbl-Clicking WAV files

I'm getting no sound from WAV files dbl-clicked in DOpus, yet, if I drop a shortcut to that same file on the desktop, then I get sound.

I checked the file type, and it seems to be associated properly (within DOpus).

What could be doing this?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Does anything happen when you double-click them?

What are you filetype double-click settings set to after you were messing with them the other day?

[quote="leo"]Does anything happen when you double-click them?

What are you filetype double-click settings set to after you were messing with them the other day?[/quote]

Now Leo, be nice...

The Left-double-click is still where I set it

"C:\WinMgmnt\Files\Managers\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE {filepath$} MAKELINK=shortcut TO Recent
(remember, you told me the "Go" had to "go"

-- OK, since you asked, I thought to myself "Self, you probably screwed this up", so I took that command line out, and now the WAV file association works again.

So (even though the command-line above isn't doing exactly what I want), I can't have both the association AND the command-line?

Regards,
Chuck

So if you have left double-click set to do nothing else but make a shortcut to the file you've double-clicked on, why do you think double-clicking a sound file would play it?

on, I guess now) I see your point, which is why I then asked about putting in two (or more) commands...

Chuck

If you want the double-click action to go on and open the file as well, you need to tell it to do that. E.g.

"C:\WinMgmnt\Files\Managers\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE {filepath$} MAKELINK=shortcut TO Recent {filepath$}

[quote="jon"]If you want the double-click action to go on and open the file as well, you need to tell it to do that. E.g.

"C:\WinMgmnt\Files\Managers\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE {filepath$} MAKELINK=shortcut TO Recent {filepath$}[/quote]

OK Jon, now I'm totally confused.

I had put in the command-line above before, in trying to work out the RecentX issues. Then I realized that double-clicking WAV files wasn't making any sound. Then I took the command back out, and the WAV file sound was back.

Then (just now) I pout that line of code back in, and the sound (WAV) still work.

It was bad enough when I neither understood nor was able to get RecentX and DOpus to play friendly; now I don't have a clue what is working or not or why.

I thought I was sort of OK with making this work, but now....

Regards,
Chuck

The command Jon gave above is not the same as the one you were trying before.

Given the amount of confusion and trouble this double-click modification stuff is causing you, maybe it's best left alone.

Leo, I'll have to copy /paste it...I thought it was the same, but then...

It's not [necessarily] making DOpus work a certain way but rather getting RecentX to comply...

Well, thanks to you and all for the help regardless.

Chuck