Not able/allowed to copy files to FTP site

I can access my FTP site and open it in a panel.
But when I try to copy a file to the site, then I get this Retry X out of 10 in a small window.

Output window says:

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 7 of 500 allowed.
220-<
220-Welkom bij Ziggo Webspace.
220-
220-Log in op deze server met uw MAIL-ADRES en wachtwoord.
220-
220-Inloggen kan alleen als u webspace geactiveerd hebt.
220->>
220-Local time is now 20:19. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Connection closed

First part is in Dutch, but I think the last part matters. Where it says This is a private system - No anonymous login.

But as I said I can access the site with login and pwd and open it in a panel.

Not sure why it wont let me copy files to the site then.

FAQ: FTP Doesn't Work

I found the problem:

@Set dest = {dlgfolder|Select COPY destination:|{destpath$}}
Copy TO {$dest}

This copy command doesnt work for my FTP site.
It pastes the destination in the dialogbox, which is good imo.

for example:

FTP://homedrive.ziggo.nl//Backup2\

But it wont copy any file to the FTP-site. (Btw. other way around, from FTP-site to my computer does work ok).

When I edit the dialog box to just Backup2, then it works fine.

I tried with a single / after .nl...etc, but it doesnt work.

A simple Copy command works fine.

That makes sense. The FTP://homedrive.ziggo.nl//Backup2 path has no username/password information so it will be treated as anonymous.

If you specify an FTP path to the copy command Opus does not look for any bookmarks/connections to the same server to work out the username/password. (That couldn't work in general because you might have two bookmarks/connections to the same server using different credentials.)

So non-anonymous FTP paths must either specify a username and password or refer to an FTP bookmark explicitly (which can be done, though I can't remember the syntax off the top of my head).

In the past {destpath} did include the username & password but it resulted in them being revealed on the screen in some situations, which was undesirable. Perhaps the answer would be a code which returns the path using the bookmark format, creating a temporary bookmark in-memory if the site was connected to without using a bookmark. I think this is the first time it's come up as an issue, though, so it might not be worth it.