(Not Opus-related) Windows Explorer, encrypted My Documents

This is not a Directory Opus problem but a Windows Explorer problem . . .
I have my "My Documents" folder on a separate, encrypted drive under Windows 7 32 bit.
After booting the PC and entering the "My Documents" drive password, everything is correctly displayed by both Windows Explorer and by Directory Opus 10 and the entire system functions flawlessly.
However, before I enter the password, Windows Explorer will not run at all and, after a delay, the Windows error message "Server execution failed" is displayed. Directory Opus, on the other hand runs perfectly.
Given that having "My Documents" on a separate drive is a standard Windows option nowadays, what could be causing Windows Explorer to refuse to run? Is there any way to force it to run?
Under normal circumstances I don't worry too much about this because Directory Opus does everything that I could possibly need and more besides, but in Safe Mode I've noticed that it's a bit of a handicap not to have access to Windows Explorer.

Moving My Documents to another drive may be normal, but having it encrypted is not, except where it is already decrypted and available by the time the OS finishes booting (e.g. Bitlocker encryption).

Explorer probably assumes that it can access My Documents and fails if it cannot, which seems reasonable to me.

IMO, the My Documents folder doesn't belong to the user. It was supposed to but too many things make assumptions about that folder and also dump their own settings and other rubbish in it. The folder is a write-off IMO, and I have created my own data/documents folders elsewhere which I create buttons/hotkeys/aliases/favorites/shortcuts to go to instead of the official folder.

Thanks for that input, leo. As a result of your comments I decided permanently to decrypt the drive to which I had moved my Win7 "My Documents" folder so that Windows Explorer will be able to find it even in the dark.
I then replaced the previous whole-drive encryption with an encrypted container on that same drive for all my user data.
Just for the record, since doing this nothing at all has been placed by Windows into the My Documents folder: no sign (yet) of the miscellaneous rubbish you mentioned.

The miscellaneous rubbish is usually dropped in there by other installed programs... it's become a dumping ground for any number of apps that like to store stuff like output from the app, or "templates", or other garbage that you might just as soon choose to store elsewhere. Over the years, I've even seen some apps persist in trampling on the folder even if you otherwise specify another location to store that data... Very irritating, and not desirable behavior of something that's supposed to be for "My" documents...