Not Showing Columns Width, Height, High Definition

Hi,

When I right click and select file properties, I can see the video dimensions.

But when I add the Height, Width, High Definition or even Dimension columns to the display, I cannot see any of the details even after I refresh the view.

Any idea on how this can be resolved will be highly appreciated.

Width and Height for MP4 files probably requires a newer version than Opus 10 (assuming the forum has your Opus version correct). It works OK in Opus 12 here.

The 'High Definition' column won't generally show anything for most files/formats. It shows a specific tag, possibly for TV recordings, although I would have to dig into the details to find out exactly what. It isn't a column that says "Yes" if the resolution is 720p or 1080p etc., although if you wanted that it would be easy to add via a fairly simple script add-in (in Opus 12; script add-ins did not exist in Opus 10).

How do I find all High Definition Video files (irrespective of what extension they use) using the script add-in in Opus 12 as per your above response which says "It isn't a column that says "Yes" if the resolution is 720p or 1080p etc., although if you wanted that it would be easy to add via a fairly simple script add-in (in Opus 12; script add-ins did not exist in Opus 10)."

If Opus's built-in columns can get dimensions for the files you're interested in, you could use Tools > Find Files > Advanced and set up a filter like this for 1080p video:

Using OR makes more sense than AND for the two tests, since letterboxed "1080p" movies may be 1920 wide but shorter than 1080, while pillarboxed 4:3 content will be 1080 high but thinner than 1920. Using OR means you'll get both.

Alternatively, if the built-in columns don't work with your files/tyes, this script adds several video columns, including a "Definition" column which categorises videos by resolution, and gets the data from the Windows shell (not Opus's built-in columns):

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the above response.

This is very useful. Both for using it to make things easy and also for understanding of how things work in Directory Opus and File Explorer.

I am sure this will be very useful to many more Directory Opus users and others too.