Odd Empty Pane Theming Issue

when the display area in the pane is larger than the displayed columns the area is displayed in a different color. Note in the image there are two columns displayed, Name and Modified, and the area to the left is empty and themed in gray. Seems this should be the same background color as the rest of the pane.

It affects the inactive pane only. It is part of the Colors and Fonts > File Display Background > Destination background. Seems this setting should affect the entire pane not just the empty column.

That does not happen normally, or here. It will probably be due to your settings, but without knowing what they are I can only guess.

You probably have a different background color set for the source and destination file displays.

You may also have set certain columns, files or labels to use black background colors, maybe in an attempt to stop the background being grey, so some things are black in the right hand file display but where there is nothing (with a color defined) it is picking up the file display's background color, which is grey.

It affects the inactive pane only. It is part of the Colors and Fonts > File Display Background > Destination background. Seems this setting should affect the entire pane not just the empty column.

Hi! I could reproduce this. Leo is right, you have FILTERS with black background, AND have a gray color set for destination background. What i would do is either set the column to BLACK, or modify the LABELS to have transparent background, depending on your need. What was your original plan?

I'll look but I don't recall setting any filters, don't know how to use them yet. In dual pane mode, whichever screen is inactive the blank area is displayed grey. The only fields that are important to me are the name and the modified date, so that leaves a bit of empty space. It seems to me that this empty space should honor the same background as set for the inactive background, not some random gray color.

Im very sorry i didnt mean FILTERS, i meant LABELS! I mistyped it.

"It seems to me that this empty space should honor the same background as set for the inactive background, not some random gray color."
But the way you set it up is this: the active lister background is black, the inactive is gray. Go to Settings - Preferences - Display - Colors and fonts, File display background. Change Destination background color so its not gray.

I understand - my misunderstanding. I was of the impression that the pane would be gray and the text white for the whole pane. But the inactive pane is black, the text is white, and empty space is gray. I'll just keep playing with it.

I found my mistake. I thought the Display > Colors and Fonts > Fields was intended to limit which fields were displayed, but this is really where specific colors for the fields can be set.

Thanks for the support.