On the fly resizing window :)

This tutorial is very well written. Reading it now and it is making sense/as much as it can being an entirely new language. I'm looking forward to digesting this/seeing new things. Way back in the day when pc's were still pretty new (win 98 first edition) I drug home discarded pc's in droves. Took them apart until I understood how they work so I could build my own. PC's off the shelf have sub-quality parts. The only reason I ever need to build a new pc is the parts become too hard to find. If built right they just don't doa. There was a fello in the small hamlet near here/retired IBM from the original coding group. He taught me a lot. Back then the going fallacy was you could mix ram speeds. I could always 'feel' something wasn't right (each pc has a definite unique feel) and suspected ram. Mel explained 'racing' and even tho talking milliseconds it adds up until the os starts feeling unstable. It's the reason I love opus so much/bc it is so incredibly well written and 'feels' rock solid/crisp. Back then money was tight (non profit animal sanctuary) but I knew opus was what I had to have and eventually was able to buy a license. If there was to be any true enjoyment with the pc the explorer part was essential. There were other file explorers out there but none held a candle to opus and still don't imho. On top of everything opus does, the gui is fully customizable which means it can be as beautiful as one wants. I know win 10 is very popular but I'm not interested. Win 7 (modified version) is visually superior (and few other areas) /metro bleh. The intentions behind win 10 are questionable imho...but that is another subject.

Thank you so much.
:heart:

1 Like

This is just purrrfect Leo. I'm already having a blast playing with it. I've gone from the slow process of manually adjusting window size to having two toys, yours and auden's. Presently setting up both. I could probably get rather ocd with this :blush: so I'll try and restrain myself :grinning:

New kitty just arrived Monday/stray dumped on the street/ town way south of here where I have a friend who is a kitty magnet :cat: Here's a cool kitty story for you. In town south meth house was busted. The cop (an animal lover) called my friend about a kitty that needed help. He is a beautiful Himalayan missing half his tail. It was bloody when he came. Cops in rural Ark don't make much $ and yet this fello sent 50$ with the kitty which totally blew me away/wasn't expecting anything but the kitty. I named him Chong (Cheech and Chong) as it seemed appropriate being a drug bust kitty :wink: He is the biggest, fattest,sweetest kitty you could ever want to know.

Biggest thanks as always

fondly,
rose

2 Likes

That cat has had quite an adventure :smiley:

Amazing how some simple modifications can make file surfing so much easier ~ thanks again to all.