One Drive Sync Status Dopus vs Explorer

Hi,

Currently I use Win 10 (May 2019) Edition and found that Opus unable to have sync in progress status shown. Maybe screenshot tell more than words

Anyone have similar issues? As you can see from screenshot it still downloading the file but Opus said it already offline available.

Recent Windows updates have made it impossible for us to accurately determine the "in-progress" sync status of OneDrive files. We can tell if it's flagged to be always available, or online only, but it's not possible to know the status of the actual sync operation.

Every Windows update that comes out these days changes (and breaks) something to do with OneDrive so we're not going to spend any more time on it until that's settled down.

3 Likes

I know this thread is 4 years old. Out of curiosity, allow me to ask whether anything has changed over the last 4 years with regards to dermine the status of files, i.e. has it 'settled down' so to say?

Background being that Opus shows the status of 'Locally available' vs Explorer showing 'On Demand'.
(It was puzzling me until I hit on this thread)

Thanks.

2023-08-28_07-55-57