One or Two Licenses for 2 windows on a single PC

I installed a clone copy of my Windows to a second hard disk on the same notebook.

After rebooting using the new cloned windows the license of directory opus disappeared.

My question is: Can I use the same certificate on that hard disk, keeping in mind that only ONE operating windows can work at a time from that notebook (they can not work simultaneously as they are not Virtual Machines)

Regards,

Karamany

The licences are designed to be machine based so you can have one licence on a 'machine' and then have multiple boots and multiple virtual pcs. Providing of course that the VMs etc are run on a specifically licensed machine. It's not permitted to run the VM on separate machines.

1 Like

This and other common licencing questions are covered in the Licencing FAQ :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks a million Jon, I found the answer to my question. And also thank you for all who developed such amazing useful application.

2 Likes

Thanks million Greg for clarifying my issue, I understand now that I can use the same license as long as it remains on the same machine, it seems however that the application assumed I am using a different machine when windows 10 was lunched from the other hard disk (all other hardware components was not changed)

You should be fine if you (re)install the licence on the newly cloned drive.