OneDrive folder Opens in a new lister every time OneDrive is updated

For a long time now every time OneDrive updates (read installs a new version - in the background - by itself - triggered from a scheduled task or something) it opens its container folder in a new dopus lister.

I suspect the normal explorer is somehow ignoring it but when dopus is set as default handler this happens. It happens without any user interaction at all and also defocuses the active window in some cases which is unacceptable.

A solution would be for dopus to just ignore the root onedrive folder when passed as an only argument via the command-line.

It's been doing this for a very long time but it's become a nuisance and has to go.

I've never seen this happen on my Windows 10 machines, FWIW.

You could try adding the OneDrive folder to the Explorer Replacement exclusion list to see if that stopped it opening in Opus. (It may start opening in Explorer instead.)

Good idea. I didn't think of that to be honest. I'll give it a try right away. Happens only when you never turn off the PC so I wouldn't be surprised if only a few people ever experienced it.

1 Like

I am having a similar issue. Every time I scan a document or save one a document to OneDrive a new lister automatically opens to the location it was saved to. I can't figure out how to make it stop. Can someone help me with this?
I'm new to OD and this forum so my apologies if I am not submitting this question correctly

If you turn off Explorer Replacement (Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement), wait a minute or two, then do something that triggers the issue, does it still happen? Do you get a File Explorer window opening instead, or something else, or nothing at all?

In the same place you can also add folders to a list of exclusions which Opus will ignore if something asks Explorer to open them.