Open in Explorer Not Working from the File Menu

Right-clicking a folder and picking "Open in Explorer" works, but using the File menu opens Explorer in the Opus installer folder instead of in the intended selected directory. (Not sure, but I guess it is the one generated by FileType CONTEXTMENU.)

Directory Opus Pro 12.7.3 (Beta) Build 6657 x64
OS 10.0 (B:16299 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0

This sounds like an old problem I had with DOPUS or my system somehow changing the SHELL/FOLDER registry entry

What's the actual command behind that Open in Explorer item?

I have a similar error when I right click "open in new tab"

[Window Title]
C:\Users\User path\

[Content]
C:\Users\User path\

Not implemented

[OK]

it started happening when I upgraded my Windows 10 from 1709 to 1803 (17133.1)

Geoff

The menu item Opus adds to folders, by default, is called "Open in new Folder Tab", and defined like this under Settings > File Types:

Is yours the same command? Is the name also the same? It's possible another program has added a menu item with a similar name, for example.

I could reproduce this a few days ago, but no longer can and it's working fine now.

Is it the same for you, or still a problem there? I'm wondering if a Windows Update coincidentally fixed whatever was going wrong there.

If it's still a problem for you, does it depend on the folder (or parent location) at all?

It's also possible that what fixed it was me turning Explorer Replacement off and later back on, which I did earlier to test something else. That would re-write some of the involved registry settings, which may be damaged on your machine.

I don't know. Where do look it up? I don't think I ever edited it. Should it be there...?

2018-04-07%2006_07_36-Start

Not that I have noticed.

Made no difference here.

It turns out it depends on the order of things in the File menu.

If you have:

• Lister Context Menu - FileType CONTEXTMENU=Directory\Background
  • Context Menu - FileType CONTEXTMENU

Then the Open in Explorer item opens /home instead of the selected folder.

If you swap the order of the two, it works OK.

In the current default config, this doesn't happen since only Lister Context Menu is there.

Confirmed. I had:

2018-04-11%2018_14_33-Start

Changing the order made it starting working as expected.

Fixed in the next update.

On 12.7.5 beta, the items from FileType CONTEXTMENU=Directory\Background are being displayed even with a file or folder selected, unlike with previous stable versions.

That's what was supposed to happen.