Open new Lister containing all current tabs, Dual Display both panes

Hi all!

I've scoured the forum, found no answer, hope I didn't just miss it.

I'd like to open, in a new Lister, a duplicate of my current File Display(s), including all tabs on both right and left of a Dual Display.

This could mean duplicating the active Lister, but I'm not concerned with elements such as toolbars and panes -- they don't have to be duplicated (they may appear in their default state). I'm just looking for a new Lister containing all the tabs in the existing one, on both sides of a Dual Display.

I don't know whether I should have used the term File Display or File Displays (plural), because I can't seem to find an actual definition for the File Display. I see the label on the screenshot in Help | Basic Concepts | The Lister. But that label reads "File Displays" (plural), though only one tab in one pane is shown. So what is a single File Display, and what are multiple ones?

I've crammed a request and a question into one post. Hope they both make adequate sense. Thanks to all for making this the most informative and thorough application forum ever. DO rules.

Bruce

How on earth could I have missed that in searching the forum? I hunted for about 30 minutes -- how could I not have used the search terms that find this ... < sigh >. Last thing I want to do is add more overhead for you guys, as I believe you already work about 27 hours a day. Thanks and I'll try to do better next time ...

1 Like

Don't worry, I wrote the whole post again and tried to post it, only to be told the title had already been used by an almost identical post of mine from a few years ago. :slight_smile: I didn't think to search the forum either, and missed my own post.

In the end I merged a couple of new ideas into the old post.

What, you don't instantly remember all 37,000 posts you've written? Tsk.

2 Likes