Open shortcut in right side folder list pane

Hello, friends. An enthusiastic user of DOPUS here.

I've something I haven't been able to figure out and have searched for an answer and can't find one. Perhaps what I want to do isn't possible.

In my left folder pane, I have a shortcut, '13026' to a network drive location. I would like to be able to invoke that shortcut and open the target folder in the left folder pane. Is this possible?

The command to open what a shortcut points to on the right-hand side is:

Go OPENCONTAINER=target OPENINRIGHT

How/where you use that command depends on exactly what you want to do.

e.g. Do you want this particular shortcut to always do this when double-clicked? Or do you want a way to open any shortcut on the otherside (e.g. via a toolbar button, or by holding down Ctrl, Shift or Alt while double-clicking the shortcut, or via a hotkey after selecting a shortcut)? Or something else?

If you want it to happen all the time, and don't plan to use the shortcut outside of Opus, it can also be easier to replace it with a shortcut or Opus command file that does what you want directly when double-clicked.

You can also make buttons for common folders on toolbars or hotkeys so you don't need to go into a folder to get to the shortcut file first, if that would be useful.

Leo:

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Actually, I just tried this, and it did what I needed:

If you go to Settings -> File Types then edit the All Folders type and click to the Events tab you can set the dblclk action to go openindual to achieve this.

But, it would be nice to ONLY have it behave this way when holding down Ctrl, Shift or Alt while double-clicking the shortcut, as you describe.

Thank you.

1 Like

Just below the Double-Click event you edited, there should be some others which you can edit to do just that.

OK, great. It's working with the Alt key. For some reason Ctrl opened a properties dialogue.

But, I'm good now. Thank you, this has been a desired result for me for a long time.

That comes from the All Files And Folders file type, but you can override it for the All Folders or .LNK (Shortcut) file types if you wish.

Ah, found that. Perfect, Leo. Thank you again!