Opening External Folder for the First Time Closes Old Tabs

Hello there,

I've configured opus to work in single lister mode (saves default lister on exit, opens last lister closed, opens external folders in new tabs, ...).

If I open an external folder (from another program) while opus is running, the folder opens in a new tab as expected. but if opus was not running, it opens the last saved lister (as configuered) but the new tab opened for the external folder replaces all old tabs saved withe default lister in source file display (same happens with My Computer).

I'm not sure if there is some option I'm missing, If so, please let me know, and if not so, please take into account people working in single lister mode.

thanks.

It seems GP Software is interested in fighting software piracy than answering such trivial questions.

So, customers should issue a formal support request for each question crosses their minds instead of first using the resource forum?

No idea what you mean by that (and is there any particular reason you would be concerned anyway?)

Not at all, but this forum isn't the official support channel. If you want a guaranteed answer, go through official channels (unless there's some.. er.. "reason" you can't). If you post here, you get an answer whenever any of the other users feel like responding.

The same question was asked in another thread which I've just replied to.

I'm not sure why you're complaining about no response within 24 hours of the original posting when this is a user forum. (True, GPSoft also hang out here and answer some questions in their spare time, but that's not guaranteed and not what the forum was created for. Most questions get answered by users like me, Tanis, Ken, Steje, JohnZ, etc.. (I may be an Admin at the forums but I don't work for GPSoft.))

True, most posts do get very quick replies here but sometimes it takes a bit longer either because everyone's busy or the question needs more thought or offline discussion (a bunch of us talk about stuff on IRC before replying sometimes).

Like Jon said, if you want a guaranteed reply, use the official support page and talk to GPSoft directly. Even then though, I don't know if you'd always get a reply withint 24 hours. I have no idea how fast you'll get a reply so maybe you will but would you expect to always get a reply that fast from any other company?

When I try to get help from or report problems to other companies I certainly don't get anywhere near the support that Opus users get from this forum and the official support page. I usually feel lucky if I get a reply at all, to be honest, and I leave it a week or so before chasing up.

Ok, my bad, I just saw older posts get replied to while mine was neglected. Maybe I was in a hurry.

[quote="jon"][quote="W0lfdale"]
It seems GP Software is interested in fighting software piracy than answering such trivial questions.[/quote]

No idea what you mean by that (and is there any particular reason you would be concerned anyway?)[/quote]
No, but I noticed how quickly you reply to posts by pirates.

This is what I was seeking, a short answer even tosimilar question, because I saw no post with similar complaint to mine.

Actually, what encouraged me to use the forum first is how quickly one gets answer to his questions.

Thanks anyway.

We reply quickly to pirates because it doesn't take long to tell them where to go but some other questions require a bit of thought/discussion. :slight_smile:

Yeah, tell them where to all right! :smiling_imp:

OMG, the shortest answer I've ever seen by you, how could you tolerate that?! :laughing: