Opening Fonts from Control Panel

DO doesn't treat Fonts as a system folder when opening "Fonts" from the "Control Panel". It displays the fonts as a list of files and doesn't give the option to "Install New Font..." from the "File" menu.

Strangely enough, you manually go to "C:\Windows\Fonts" it does display as a system folder (I.e. the fonts are listed by their font name, not file name).

[quote]
drworm wrote:
DO doesn't treat Fonts as a system folder when opening "Fonts" from the "Control Panel". It displays the fonts as a list of files and doesn't give the option to "Install New Font..." from the "File" menu.

Strangely enough, you manually go to "C:\Windows\Fonts" it does display as a system folder (I.e. the fonts are listed by their font name, not file name).[/quote]

To get the Install New Font option in the menu you will have to make it that DOpus doesnt open the directory in its lister, it needs to stay in explorer. To do this open the Preferences up and go to Folders->Virtual Folders and add the C:\Windows\Fonts directory

(Might be able to do it another way, not sure, but thats what worked for me anyway)

I think Stom's suggestion is actually reversed - by 'Adding' the Font folder path to the part of Prefs that he mentioned, you're telling Dopus to treat it as a 'real folder' which will most definitely NOT show you the fonts listed by their Font descriptions - but rather by their filenames.

I am pretty sure that treating the Fonts directory as Virtual - which is what shows you the font based on their description - is in fact the Dopus default configuration. Which should be the case for drworm since he said that manually browsing to the folder shows things this way.

Interestingly enough - like he said, browsing to the folder manually makes things appear correct, as does manually expanding the folder tree item for Contro lPanel and then highlighting 'Fonts' in the folder tree. However, highlighting Control Panel itself and then double-clicking on the Fonts item in the right hand lister pane does NOT show the folder as virtual - but as real. Is this what you're talking about worm? Or are you running Dopus in explorer replacement mode and are you accessing Fonts via the Start Menu->Control Panel link?

[quote]
steje wrote:
Is this what you're talking about worm? Or are you running Dopus in explorer replacement mode and are you accessing Fonts via the Start Menu->Control Panel link?[/quote]
I have DOpus set to replace Explorer for all folders and am accessing Fonts from Start Menu > Control Panel. What you described in your method of selecting the Control Panel from the Folder Tree is exactly what I was experiancing. But strangely enough, it works perfectly today no matter how I get to the Font folder. Strange.

In case you don't want to view the Fonts folder as a virtual folder, you can still access the Install Font command by making an Opus button which runs

Copy INSTALLFONT

This lets you install fonts from any directory, I believe.

But more importantly - Nudel Lives! Again...

Welcome back dude.