Opening lister from shortcut

I posted here a few weeks ago and found the answer to my question on how to create a shortcut that would open a new lister. Answer was:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd go new

This is great. After some wrestling I was even able to get it to open in the format I typically use (double pane, horizontal). This wasn't easy. I wasn't impressed with that process, but I figured it out.

My preference would be to control the layout using the shortcut itself. For example, I usually prefer using a dual pane display since I am often moving files and prefer that layout for that task. But sometimes I just need to find a file to view it, open it,... I would love to have two shortcuts. One to open a single pane, one to open a double pane.

I tried adding "layout=mysingle" but this never overrode the setting which had it set to open a double pane, and visa-versa.

Does anyone know a way of doing this?

Maybe the layout just isn't saved how you want it?

Does the correct layout open if you go to Preferences, Layouts, Saved Layouts and double-click MySingle? If not, set the lister up as you want it and save the layout over the top of the old MySingle (or whatever you want to call it)

I think you can use the Go command to open two directories, one in the left and one in the right, at once. So you could also avoid using layouts completely and have two shortcuts which both specify everything (window position and size, initial directory or directories, etc.). Using a saved layout will be a lot easier, though.

By the way, you can also drag layouts from the list in preferences onto the desktop to automatically create an icon that will open that layout.

[quote]
nudel wrote:
By the way, you can also drag layouts from the list in preferences onto the desktop to automatically create an icon that will open that layout.[/quote]

By the way, you're good...

That accomplished exactly what I was after. I'm still after documentation on dopusrt, though. I'm sure there's much more that can be accomplished.

As for the drag and drop of the layout, I have no idea what I'm running, but I don't really care. I guess the layout is saved in a file and associated with DOpus.

EIther way, it works.

Thanks

I used to have a tough time understanding dopusrt too and couldn't figure out why there wasn't more information about it. As it turned out, I was making a simple thing difficult for myself. What follows is a cut and paste from one of Jon's messages a year or two ago. Its pretty much all the documentation I've ever needed regarding dopusrt.

John