Opening Lister in new window

My listers have taken to always opening in the same window, and I want them to open in new windows. Advice, please.

I apologise in advance if this question has already been answered somwhere, but I can't find it. Over the past 40 minutes I have entered a variety of search terms, and all I can find is advice on how to open listers in the same window, which is the exact opposite of what I want.

I have scoured Preferences in the program and can see nothing that I recognise as relating to this. I avoid using Help in the program itself, since it is incomprehensible to anyone who does not have immense computer knowledge and a familiarity with the command line. It is, if I may be forgiven for saying so, the least helpful Help I have ever experienced in any program. I have never yet understood what it is talking about.

I am sure it will take only a moment to solve this problem, and I express my thanks in advance to anyone who can do so.

Unless you've been modifying things in the registry by hand, you should just need to do the opposite of what this FAQ (on opening everything in a single window) tells you to do:

[Always re-use a single window instead of opening new windows)

i.e. Set the first two options shown to Open the Default Lister and clear the Open external folders in a new tab checkbox.

PS: I moved this thread to here form the Screenshots forum since it's not about screenshots. :slight_smile: