Option to Recreate Directory Structure when Copying from Fin

Hi folks:

Is there any way to copy files from the Find Results, or any other File Collection, and preserve the directory structure within the destination folder? I've been trying for an hour or so to make this work, and couldn't find a way to do it. You get prompted to confirm whether or not you want the folder structure copied when you copy files from a "Flat View" of a regular folder tree, but apparently not File Collections. Also, the flat view options are greyed out on collections, so you can't get it done via the back door by turning on flat view (which of course it already is sort of).

mudtoe

Porc and I had been messing around quite a bit to try and get Dopus to provide this general sort of result - albeit not from a file collection or find result window. What you're asking is particularly difficult to get around from what I can see. It would be nice if Dopus could provide some sort of extensions to the Copy commands for path handling - like Copy PATHTOP-2 could 'trim' the first 2 folder elements from the selected files full path and recreate the remaining folder structure in the destination as part of the Copy... as well as a Copy PATHBOT+2 to only recreate the folder structure 2 levels up from the selected files folder...

Can't think of a way you can do this 'now' thought sorry.

Hi Steje,

[quote]steje wrote:
Porc and I had been messing around quite a bit to try and get Dopus to provide this general sort of result - albeit not from a file collection or find result window.
[/quote]
Yes, in fact our discussion is mutually exclusive from a file collection.

I can easily add the Copy Pathtop idea to PathDup.
The program would simply recognize an integer value as the third argument,
as well as the current modified path, and then process that integer if it properly exists.

Truth is, it's much easier to write the program to process just the integer.
I find my modified path version user friendly.

In any case, an update to PathDup is immanent.
I'm adding an optional fourth argument to the command line that will open the result in a new tab in the dest .

:opusicon: porcupine

Ah... the evolution of a proggy. Before you know it ppl wil be asking YOU to provide the kitchen sink as well... time to rename yet again to PathMan :slight_smile:...