Opus 10 help

Hi new to this version 10 Opus. I need help in trying to switch from 8.3 filename to the old Opus 9 whatever file length, I cannot find reference to it in the help file.

Look here File listing suddenly changed to short 8.3 names

Someone else had that problem only a few days ago here.

Nicely put.

Anyone keeping count of how many of the people reporting this issue are seen again?

I seem to remember something like that a while ago.

Follow up to my original question which has not been answered apart from saying I have a illegal copy or licence which I have not :angry: . I was given a 60 day license for Opus 10 and I have a purchased Opus 9 licence :thumbsup: .
I have sent an question to Opus online support page but still have not received a reply to my problem. I have since reloaded Opus 9 and I still have this 8.3 file length. I am running Windows 7 come on people lets have some answers. :smiley:

Actually, I think your question was answered to the best of the responders ability...

If you check the threads (and various related threads linked from within those threads) that the folks here referred you to, then you'll see that there is a long history of this being a "known" issue with patched/cracked versions of the app. So don't take those answers as "non-answers" or un-deserved accusations. It is what it is... and I imagine most people won't spend alot of time on a user whose never participated here on the forums who is "seemingly" using a cracked version of the application we all love so much...

That said... I think there have been edge cases where legit licensed versions have encountered this problem. For example - particularly in the first thread that AlbatorV referred you to... did you catch Leo's comments about some cases where something on a system may have prevented the license cert file from being written properly? Also, in the related threads you'll find suggestions from Greg about checking the digital signature of the dopus.exe binary to make sure Windows sees a valid digital sig on it... lastly, also within the related threads trail from those you were referred to, you should find one that describes an edge case where certain A-Spy apps (Zone Alarm in the one documented case I recall) can block proper program cert acceptance.

So... for the time being - its incumbent upon you to go through those threads and check into whether or not any of those situations with an otherwise legit program certificate apply to you or not, or perhaps indicates you have a similar related issue to those we've seen before. Besides that - you may very well have to wait on a response from GPSoft to work the issue out... as you can imagine, a true "license issue" isn't something anyone here on the "user forum" is best suited to help you out with - though if you are in fact a legit user, I know that can probably be frustrating. I presume you provided your trial certificate to GPsoft when you submitted your online support request?

If GPSoft confirms you're a legit user... then I imagine I and other folks here on the forum will pitch in and offer some theories as to what on your system seems to be causing the program cert to not work. The fact that you state your legally purchased v9 certificate also has the problem when you re-install v9 is a bit odd. I wonder what else has changed recently on your system (new AV/AS apps... changes to user account permissions, etc).

Yes all good now thanks for all the replys. It turned out to be a corrupt C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS file so if anyone else comes along with the similar problem we all should be able to help. :slight_smile:

Now that is the oddest cause for such a problem I think I've heard so far... in what way was the hosts file "corrupt"?

More importantly, what exactly did you do (other than presumably "fix" the hosts file) to get things working?

I wonder what the HOSTS file would have to do with other than blocking access to gpsoft.