Opus 12.1 Install fail

I have Dopus installed on a program disk - when I initiate the install the installer sees the 11.xx installation and asks permission to overwrite. When I authorize the overwrite I immediately receive "unable to create directory". Dialogue identified as Directory Opus 12.1 64 bit, which is correct for my installation.
I have attempted to install with the installer marked as privileged - with the same result. Have downloaded the installer twice - running Windows 10 Pro - up to date, etc.
Ideas??

One person had a similar issue a few years ago: Cannot Create Directory on Install

I posted some suggestions in that thread, and they also reported that uninstalling Opus and rebooting then allowed the new installer to work.

If you do uninstall Opus, note that it will wipe your configuration. Before uninstalling it, run the old version and use Settings > Backup & Restore to create a config backup so that you can import it into the new version, assuming you want to keep your current config.

Thanks Leo,
I will have to attempt the backup and remove process as you suggest. While I was waiting I went to a second W10 machine and installed 12.1 x64 without a stumble save the needed restart -
I can not imagine what the problem would be - both installations should have the relatively same path, etc. I do not think that the installation directories are protected - and pretty sure they would be the same as for 11.xx so not sure why the directory create should be an issue.
Would the create issue be for a directory create on the system (C) drive? While I have been tempted from time to time to protect that store I don't believe I have done so.
Will keep you posted on installation progress!

Ok, some things to think about!
First I attempted to uninstall via the Windows 10 uninstall program option. That failed looking for uninstall data on a non-MS configured USB drive that I had in place to test another OS on this machine. Eventually, I resorted to using VS Revo Uninstaller Pro to clear the old installation. It reported that is could not find assorted Directory Opus entries on the USB drive - completely ignoring the installation on the P - programs drive. Revo gathers all registry entries and gives the option to remove or not - I removed remotely approaching Directory Opus associations.
On restart after install I cancelled the setup option and loaded my saved configuration instead. Worked as intended.
Aside: I probably used Directory Opus 11 renaming option more than any other feature of the application. I read closely the changes to that and am anxious to give it a go!
In all, good product - thanks for the work that you all put into it!

Sounds like your Windows install is somewhat confused if it is looking for things on a USB drive! But I'm glad you got it working.

"Sounds like your Windows install is somewhat confused"
Of course - it is Windows 10. Could it be anything else?
When a spare moment occurs, I am going to attempt another remove via remove programs and see what happens!

When I attempted to install 12 over 11 today it failed with an error message after rebooting: "The program can't start because dopuslib.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
The old 11 version still ran!
I used the IOBit uninstaller to do a complete uninstall - reboot - and reinstall 12 - reboot and: same error message! No DOpus!
The install had gone ahead without installing some needed dll's. SO I reinstalled again and reboot...
Now it works although a bit more slowly than before.

Using 3rd party uninstallers is not recommended and more likely to cause (more) problems, at least with Opus.

After installing the update from 11 to 12, did you reboot? The reboot is required for things to work correctly.

If the problems remain, please uninstall Opus using the normal uninstaller, reboot if prompted, and then ensure that the Opus Program Files directory is completely removed. Delete it manually if required. Then run the Opus 12 installer and you should then be on Opus 12.

If you still have problems, anti-virus may be blocking dopuslib.dll from being written or updated, if it is only affecting that file. If none of the files are created then it is likely to be a problem with the folder permissions in the Program Files area, but I would expect that to cause problems with other things as well.