Opus 12 Freezes

Hello

I am using Windows 11 and creating a KODI music collection. When I export the library to my "Artist Information" folder Opus just freezes and stops responding if I have the artist info folder in focus. This export creates several hundred files.

I can continue browse the same folder in File Explorer and One Commander without problem. Opus remains frozen even after the export. I have to kill it or wait at least 5-10 minutes before Opus responds.

Initially I thought it might be the auto folder size calculation, but turning this off makes no difference.

Can you help please?

Thanks

1 Like

What does this mean exactly? Export in what sense?

It extracts from a database the artist information to a text file and two JPGs of the artist. Its about 700MB and 20,000 files.

I have checked task manager and File Explorer and OneCommander use 1% of CPU, Opus is running at 25% and continues to run at this %.

If you make a process snapshot when Opus is frozen and send it to us we can take a look.

Thanks for sending the snapshots!

It looks like the Folder Tree is the problem, as it's doing a lot of work to update itself for all the filesystem activity (and it potentially has to keep track of or at least consider changes to every folder on every drive, depending on what's expanded).

If you close the folder tree while doing that export, I'd expect CPU usage to return to normal.

If Preferences / Folder Tree / Contents / Zip files and other archives is on, turning it off may also help, as it lets the tree ignore events involving archive files.