Opus 9:Few Of my Queries

Well i fiddled more with opus and here are few :slight_smile: of my queries.

1.I want to make a button which moves the selected files or folder to a new folder.So when i select the items and press the button it asks me the name of the folder and then make a new folder of that name in the current directory and then move the selected items to that folder.
similarly like the above button i want a winrar extract button but instead of deleting the files it should do same as the above ie move the rar or zip files to a new folder in the same directory.

2.I made button that makes a duplicate of any item in that folder....it asks the name of that Duplicate

Copy DUPLICATE {file}

How can i make it rename automatically with a Prefix "Copy of"

Basically i wanted a hot key similar to explorer that makes a duplicate of the selected item and automatically renames it to "copy of...." and then automatically numbers them.I havent found a way to make similar hotkey in opus.So i made this button but how to autorename it with that prefix.

3.I am not able to hide file extension.i hid them in all folder formats and even using windows folder options...but no use.Extension are hidden when in details mode but not in others like icon tile list thumbnails etc

4.Can i cycle through files(Selected) with the mouse wheel instead of the Navigation keys(up/down/left /right)

5.Can Check box mode select files permanently.Ideally it should until i switch off Check-box mode.But once i change the folder it deselects everything.

6.Like a Dual display can i make a lister style with more than 2 displays.

7.A toggle for the Folder Tabs??

8.Status bar has option for Hidden Items can i make it show hidden files n folders seperately.

thanks for the replies earlier

1. I think this is how its supposed to be, but I wish Opus would have a setting to preserve them. Consider filing a feature request.

2. Not sure what you mean.

3. Explain?

4. Nope. As of now you can only do hidden file bytes, hidden folder bytes, hidden items, and hidden bytes. Another feature request perhaps.

Don't know about the others, sorry.

9.When in dual display mode can the Hidden files toggle or system files toggle aor for that matter any button could be made to affect both the displays ie.source and destination.At the moment i have to click source then the toggle button then destination and then again the same toggle button to make changes in both the displays.Its quite hassle.

Can global buttons be created that affect both displays or even all listers open??

10.Now this is really irritating.This is a very simple and basic function in explorer.I wanna cut some files and folders which i normally do by ctrl+x and the go back 2-3 folders back which i do using my extra mouse buttons.And then paste the cut items .I am not able to make these keys in OPUS as the cut and paste commands act only on clipboard items.

Is there a way out??

Sorry for that cut and paste works just fine....... my cut key had some problem so it was pasting clipboard content

Opus is persistently crashing when i view a folder in Flat view mode.It has around 7000 Png icons.Is the no. of files too much or some other problem?

Am attching the error opus shows when crashing.

Suppose i have to make nice lookin button that has text on it....i wud have to make images in Photoshop with text on them for each button in opus.....thats a very time consuming process.The problem cud be solved if the label has an option to display the label on the image along with right ,left,above,below

The idea is not to just post random thoughts all into one topic as they occur to you. I've locked this thread as it's quickly becoming a confusing mess.

Keep to one question per topic...

For the crash problem, use this FAQ to track down what's causing the crash:

[Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories)

If you find anything, or get stuck, start a new thread with the details and we'll help.

If you still need answers to any of the other questions start threads for each of them like Tanis says. If lots of questions are in a single post it's hard to keep track of which have been answered and which haven't, and hard for other people to search the forums for answers to their questions. When most questions get added to the same thread and all the replies and thoughts are jumbled up it's very difficult to follow for everyone.