Opus 9: folder tree won't receive color

i'm sure this is something i'm doing wrong, but it seems that no matter how hard i try, or what i do, i cannot get the folder tree to display any random color. i wish that i could say why or how it started behaving that way, but i'm really not sure... i know i had the folder tree toggle off for a moment, then when i toggled it back on, it has only the system colors. the font is black on a dark background, so i cannot read it.

also although the viewer can play files with foreign names, for some reason, for me i think, it still cannot play files whose folder path has a japanese or korean name. is this normal?

See the very first FAQ:

[List of FAQs organised by topic)

Which type of files are you having problems with?

thanks for the faq page! it did help, but it didn't solve the folder tree problem. what i decided to do was import only the colors from one of the default themes, then just go back and overwrite them with my own. it worked!

here's a sample filename:
B:\挽回\foo.mp3

if i highlight that in viewer to play, the play button is greyed out and disabled. if the filename is longer than 8 char, it truncates it to a ~1 filename like BLAHBL~1.mp3 or something like that.

also, i have a question about the flat mode. the other day, i made a button that would open the parent folder of a file highlighted in flat mode into a dual window. is there any command that i could add that would make opus automatically highlight the file in the second pane that was highlighted in the first pane?

i saw here that you can have windows media player play a file from within the viewer. is there anyway that i could use The KMPlayer instead? i think it's probably best video player i've ever used (well, of mpc, vlc, wmp, winamp).

thanks for the prompt replies!

I get a short filename in the plugin itself but the actual playback works fine.

Please try to create separate threads for totally separate questions as it makes it easier for other people to search for answers later on.

To answer your question, the Select SOURCETODEST is probably what you're looking for.

thanks for posting the picture. i noticed that the file plays for me as well if i am running it from a local drive. i'm not sure if this is the reason, but if i try to run the file (that's inside a jp folder) from a network drive, i get the 8.3 filename and the playback button is grey out.

(sorry about the unrelated question, i will create a new thread after i put this:)
Go OPENINDUAL=vert "OPENCONTAINER"
@NODESELECT
Select SOURCETODEST

doesn't work for me. when i push the button, i get the 'select destinationfolder' prompt window. it's as if the 3rd line gets executed at the same time or before the 1st, so to opus, there isn't any dest folder yet...

It's not an old version of Samba is it? I've had lots of problems with Unicode filenames on old versions of Samba.

[quote="mluna"](sorry about the unrelated question, i will create a new thread after i put this:)
Go OPENINDUAL=vert "OPENCONTAINER"
@NODESELECT
Select SOURCETODEST

doesn't work for me. when i push the button, i get the 'select destinationfolder' prompt window. it's as if the 3rd line gets executed at the same time or before the 1st, so to opus, there isn't any dest folder yet...[/quote]
I'm not totally sure what you're trying to do to be honest. :frowning:

Open the container of a shortcut and select the file with the same name as the shortcut?

Stick it in a new thread with info about what you're after and I'll see what I can think of.

I've split the rest of this thread into here:

[Sending Unicode filenames to external programs)