Opus behind other windows after desktop double-click

I am unable to get Opus to display on top of other opened apps when I double click the desktop. It always displays on the bottom. I can get it to the top by clicking on it on the taskbar but I would like it to do it automatically. It does it AFTER I install Opus, but after a reboot or after waking from hibernation, it ends up on the bottom of all opened apps.

Unless it's just under another program which is flagged 'always on top', that problem is usually caused by another tool on the system which either modifies the way the desktop behaves (e.g. changes the desktop itself, or has its own desktop double-click functionality), or a tool which modifies the general behavior of windows.

One user found it seemed to be tied to a particular utility, but we don't know if that's always the case:

You could try installing this script add-in to see if it works around the issue:

// Called by Directory Opus to initialize the script
function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "Fix Lister Z-Order";
	initData.version = "1.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2019 Leo Davidson";
	initData.url = "https://resource.dopus.com/t/opus-behind-other-windows-after-desktop-double-click/31826";
	initData.desc = "Make new listers temporarily 'on-top' when opened to work around z-order issues caused by other software";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.12";
}

// Called when a new Lister is opened
function OnOpenLister(openListerData)
{
	if (!openListerData.after)
		return true; // Call us again after the tabs are open.

var cmd = DOpus.Create.Command();
	cmd.SetSourceTab(openListerData.lister.activetab);
	cmd.RunCommand('Set LISTERCMD=ontopon');
	cmd.RunCommand('Set LISTERCMD=ontopoff');
}

The Fix Lister Z-Order.js.txt fixed the issue. Thanks you.

I can confirm that is working for me too!
I'm not sure but I think double clicking is a bit "laggy" now.
Thanks for the solution!
J!

The script doesn't do its thing until all the folder tabs have loaded so you may see the window slightly later than if everything was working normally.

Finding the other program that may be causing the issue is probably the only real solution, but the script can be a band-aid if you can't track it down.

(Something that hooks into the desktop or windows in general is likely not allowing the focus change for some reason. The linked thread had one potential example but it may bot be the only one, or could also be a false positive. Anything else that has its own desktop double-click functionality is a likely candidate, as it's quite tricky to get more than one to cooperate with each other. Something that can help is turning Opus's desktop double-click off and back on, as that reestablishes it at the top of the chain.)

Sorry for the late reply! Although I can't imagine anything messing with my Desktop's Double-Click, I tried your suggestion disabling and putting it back on and I think it is working perfect now!
Thank you, you are great as always!!!!
J!

That means something else is probably hooking the same thing and not chaining to other hooks correctly. You may find the problem comes back after a reboot.

You are right but I have no idea how to trace it!
Thanks!
J!