Opus crash thumbnail mode with this avi

Directory Opus crashes in thumbnail mode with this avi in a directory:

legomatrix.com/other/hydrant.avi

How to replicate:

1. Download the hydrant.avi and put it in a directory by itself.
2. Switch to thumbnail mode
3. Should crash straight away most times, but I have had it survive here (thumbnail is cached?), so...
4. Right click Drag hydrant.avi to the same directory, drop and choose Copy to hydrant2.avi
5. Should crash here after the copy completes.
6. My directory that looks like this no longer opens in thumbnail mode, instead it crashes like this:

[img]http://www.legomatrix.com/other/docrash.jpg[/img]

The error(0xC0000002) is always the same.  The thread is always different.  The address 0x000007FEFC61940D is always the same.

If Opus crashes and you choose to save lister layout and restart it will crash again with the same error.

The avi file plays fine on my machine.  The Metadata pane shows the properties OK.  The Preview pane plays the avi OK.

Version:
Directory Opus Pro 11.12 Build 5532 x64
OS 6.1 (B:7601 P:2 T:1) SP 1.0 "Service Pack 1"

No crash occuring here, in thumbnails mode. Maybe some shell extension is triggering the crashes on your machine?
There are a few FAQs, which might be helpful:

[url]Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories]
[url]Opus uses 100% CPU / problems with AVI files]

Crashes when thumbnailing avi files are almost always caused by video codecs, or sometimes shell extensions.

The codec you have installed for the type of avi file probably has a bug which that file triggers. If you've installed any codecs or codec packs yourself, please check they are up to date.

Abr, Leo, thanks for checking, I will look into it.