Opus freezes when saving a new rename preset

If I have more than one file selected, then create and try to save a new rename preset, Opus freezes and I need to use Task Manager to close Opus.
If I have one one file selected and do the same thing, Opus does not freeze.

I reproduced this the first time I tried it, but have not been able to make it happen again since.

Are you able to make it happen easily, or does it only happen once/sometimes for you as well?

If it only happened once for you as well, let me know and I'll look in the direction of configuration data that might cause a problem only once (e.g. after updating from one version to another).

OTOH, if you're able to make it happen again easily:

• Process Snapshots while the window is frozen may help us locate the problem.

• Details of what the preset is may also be important. Details more likely to affect things are things like if the rename uses metadata, or is recursive over folder content, but other things may be relevant. A screenshot of the frozen window would let me try recreating the same settings.

As far as I can tell, I'm doing the same things I did when I got it to happen the first time, but maybe there are some details that make it more likely to happen and which I am not doing.

Leo, it has happened many times. I cannot test and provide more in the next couple of days, but I will test when I can.

1 Like

I just tried this about 6 times and Opus froze every time.
I just sent the crash dump files.

1. Created preset using 'Regular Expression Find and Replace'.
  2. Clicked 'Manage'
  3. Clicked 'Save as'
  4. Clicked OK. but nothing happened.
  5. I could not close the dialog shown above.
  6. I could close the Opus lister, but this remained:

When I used 'Standard Wildcard Rename', almost the same thing happened, but I was able to close the 'Save As' dialog. I was not able to close the whole Rename dialog.

Thanks for that info!

Does it have the same problem if you click Cancel on the save dialog?

And also, do you see the same problem if you use the "Assign To Group" command in the Manage menu to assign an existing preset to a group?

Many thanks from myself as well.

With the help of that, and a few hours digging around, we've found a way to reproduce this all the time now. Shouldn't need any more info at this point. Hoping to have this fixed soon, but will update the thread later today.

Update: We have a fix that will be in the next beta. Thanks again!