Opus opening after pc wakes from sleep

I am having an issue where Directory Opus opens up every single time when waking my new pc from sleep mode. I have checked settings and nothing is being found on this topic. It doesn't open when startup occurs, only when wakening from sleep mode. New Asus laptop with windows8 and opus v11.7 x64. Anyone know how to fix this please??

If you set Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement: Don't replace Explorer, does Explorer open instead?

If Explorer opens instead of Opus then something else is launching a folder (as if it was double-clicked) every time you resume from sleep, and Opus was only involved because it's the default handler for folders.

I just changed that setting and tried what you suggested and no, explorer did not open. It seems to only be DO.

Did anything open at all? I'd expect something to still open, if the problem was still being triggered by coming out of sleep. Is it possible it only happens sometimes?

Nothing new opened at all. Firefox was still open when I put it to sleep and it came back as before. Opus did not open as long as I left that box to replace explorer unchecked. However, I want opus to replace explorer. I do not like to use explorer at all, hence why I have opus. thanks for helping!!

Could you try a few times with the setting turned off, then again with it back on, to verify the setting is a factor?

Also, which folder is being opened? That could provide a clue as to what's happening.

Ok...tried with setting off and opus did NOT open. Turned on replace explorer option and it started happening again. I noticed it opened on an external HD that I had plugged in, so i removed the hard drive and tried a couple more times. Opus did not open. Plugged the hard drive back in again and put to sleep and it started up again. So it definitely seems to happen when the hd is plugged in via usb. Would you happen to know where to look for this setting? it is a seagate portable drive.
Thanks for the help!!

If it's a removable drive, that makes me think it is acting as if it has just been re-inserted when you come out of sleep, and that is triggering an AutoPlay action that was chosen in the past.

Please open the Start Menu and type autoplay which should match a control panel item. Run that.

Turn off "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" at the top. (Name from Windows 7, English; may vary on other OS.)

Also check if any drop-down is set to "Open folder to view files using Directory Opus" and change it to "Take no action" instead.

Does it still happen then?