Opus using 7GB of RAM part 3

Any comment from Leo? He's been actively posting lately, he's not on holiday or anything.

Leo is having some personal leave at the moment (see here for the story if you're interested).

As far as we're concerned the original issue is resolved; if there's further symptoms we have to go back to the very start - we need information on how to reproduce the issue. I'm going to close this thread as I think it's gone on long enough - please start a new one to collate any information on the new issue.

Interestingly, my latest dopus 12 has 3G of private bytes (as shown in procexp and process hacker) but doens't run slow at all, perhaps because it has very low 'private working set' and that's what impacts performance?

We can't tell anything just from some numbers.

If you want to investigate this, please see the FAQ on tracking down memory leaks (and whether they are coming from Opus or a third party DLL something has installed).

Please also start a new thread with the details.

Thanks, Leo. No, not planning to start a new thread, because there's no memory leak here, afaict, and certainly no impact on performance at all, so it doesn't look like there's a problem that needs to be fixed. It's just a little odd, so I posted it here. When I sort my processes by the 'private working set' column, the processes that come on top are the ones that feel the most sluggish, and dopus usually ranks much lower than most.

At one point (sooner after 12 release) I had a memory leak issue with dopus, where every time I run dopusrt (programmatically), it takes a little longer to respond than the previous time, until it eventually becomes unresponsive... But somehow the issue fixed itself ...

I'm not sure what you want us to do with this information, or what the purpose.is in adding it to a 6 year old thread.