Other app-windows come to the front/top of screen

After pressing a button of an DOpus popup-window (for example confirmation-button when deleting, overwriting,...) often other app-windows come to the front/top of the screen. I always have to switch back to DOpus-window then.

Is this a known bug?

Regards,
Sasa

There's an existing thread on the issue.

Do you have the recycle bin switched off as well?

Thanks Nudel, searched with keywords "window, top,..." so I didn't found it.

Yes, I have turned off recycle bin. Strange.

BTW this occurs on XP and also Vista (test environment).

If you can work out a reliable way to reproduce it (even if only sometimes) that would be great. I haven't seen it happen in over a year and I don't think Jon has ever managed to make it happen so it's difficult to track down.

It looks like deleting without the recycle bin is one part of the puzzle but there must be more to it as even if I turn the recycle bin off I can't reproduce the problem.

Do you have the progress dialog delay option turned on? If so, how long is the delay? It might be tied to that and how fast the computer is as well.

Does it seem to happen with any apps or just some? Does it happen if another Opus window is clicked, then the lister you're using is clicked and the files deleted? Or does it only happen if the window that was active before the lister was the other application?

When you confirm the delete are you clicking the button or pushing D? I seem to remember it only happened when I pushed D, back when it did happen to me sometimes.

Maybe it only happens if another app that overlaps with the Opus lister wants to become the active window (which would mean its taskbar icon is flashing)?

Any extra info or thoughts might help.

Unfortunately it often appears when I'm "heavily" working on my pc with some apps open. At this moment I have some time (pssst!) to reproduce, but everything runs fine, grrr!

What I can say is that I always use the mousebutton, never the keyboard-commands.

And I don't believe it has to do with a special app. I bought and installed new Adobe Lightroom a few days ago - same behaviour. It also appears with all Office 2003/2007-apps, Nero, Opera, Photoshop and so on.

No icon is flashing and no other app wants to become active.

I will do some testing when this behaviour appears again and report it then.

The bug appears again, but only once a time.

I tried to reproduce and did the same things as before but it's NOT reproducable. What I did:

1. DO ran in Dual Mode and I had some apps open in background (Outlook, Word, Opera, ACDSee, IE. None of them active!)
  2. I created a RAR and copied it via d'n'd from right to left. Then I deleted it on the left side, pressed button on confirmation-popup and - bing! - Outlook came onto top!

I repeated this x times to find out something more, but no chance. Only thing is that Opera was in front before, not Outlook and that it seems to be always the app that is next and left to DOpus window on taskbar.

I posted this in a german DO-forum, too, but I believe we have to live with it :cry:

Edit: After I submitted this post I changed to DO and did the same again - ACDSee poped up (the app on the left to DO on taskbar!!!).

Sounds like you can make it happen fairly easily then, which is a good start.

Can anyone else reproduce this using Sasa's steps (or others)?

It happened again, I can NOT reproduce it 100%, but after some time:

Working in Opera some minutes (10+), switching to DO and delete a file --> app-window left next to DO in taskbar come to the top of the screen. This could also be a second DO instance, for example:

Taskbar from left to right, bold one comes to front:

Opera - ACDSee - DO - DO
Outlook - Opera - ACDSee - DO

Now trying what happens if DO is the first entry on taskbar (to prove if it has something to do with it)

It may be tied to the order that each windows was last active, rather than the order on the taskbar (which is usually the order the windows were opened in). Who knows, though. Everything is worth investigating.

This bug that only appears when you have no time and lots of work to do! I hate this. :imp: