Pasting into detail view

What procedure do others use to paste into detail folder view when there is no space at the bottom .... I find this annoying and frequently switch to thumbnails just to get an empty space to rightclick

You can either do:
Edit -> Paste (If you have the Edit menu showing)
or ctrl + v
or if you have the Tree View showing, you can right-click on the folder you are currently in and Paste.
or right-click the breadcrumb trail on the folder you are currently in and Paste.

My guess is you have "Full row" for file selection? That was my main reason why i got dopus because Vista and 7 has that full row selection. Left no space or easy way to select files. You could change it to "Filename only" or "Full width of the Name column" so you have space to then right-click without touching the file. Plus you can turn on the option "Always highlight full row" so it looks like the entire row is selected but only the Name itself is clickable. Leaving plenty of space to right-click.

If you right click on the bottom border of the target lister you should have the option to paste. Anywhere in the red box works on my system.

Regards, AB

one of the reasons I like to right click from the white/empty space is that it automatically insures I have nothing else (like a folder selected) ... in which case it would paste into the folder, I believe.
And Yes , I do have full row selection

[quote="aussieboykie"]If you right click on the bottom border of the target lister you should have the option to paste. Anywhere in the red box works on my system.

[attachment=0]OpusPasteTarget.jpg[/attachment]Regards, AB[/quote]
Thanks. I did not know that :slight_smile: