Pdf files open an extra blank window SOLVED

When I double click on a pdf, the file opens automatically in Acrobat 7.0, but I also get an extra blank window which I believe is part of the active x pdf plug in.

What do I need to toggle to avoid getting this window?

Thanks!

What it the title of the extra blank window? (Either from the window itsefl or as listed in Task Manager.)

At the top of the window it has the file name
e.g., currently C:\down\hunter.pdf

says the same thing in the task manager
Of course the task manager also lists the instance of acrobat.

The window has 3 menu items:
File, Edit, View

At the bottom of the window, there are some icons.
most are ghosted like page forward and page back, print.

The only ones not ghosted are "Full Screen", and "Settings"

When I click on Settings, it brings up a dialog box
PDF Active X Plug in Configuration
with a single check box to Make temporary Copies of Files

This is the same as you get when configuring inside Opus.

Oh, and one more thing (running XP) and this window is listed under all the other Opus windows with a slightly different icon (Is that clear???).
So, it's an Opus task of some sort.

Load Adobe Reader (called Acrobat Reader if it's an older version), then go to Edit -> Preferences / Internet and turn on Display PDF in browser.

It was already turned on.

PHPBB_IMPORT_WARNING CODE_NEAR_LI

Try this:[ol][li] In Opus, go to the Settings Menu and click on File Types.
[/li]
[li] In the File Types dialog, click on the FIND button.
[/li]
[li] In the Find File Type dialog, type "pdf" and enable only the extension option.
[/li]
[li] In the File Types dialog, select the Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document entry and click on the EDIT button.
[/li]
[li] In the File Type tab of the Edit 'Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document' File Type dialog, inspect the Actions tab. The only action I have defined is:

open = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%1"[/li]
[li] In the File Type tab of the Edit 'Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Document' File Type dialog, inspect the Events tab. I have no events defined for this file type.[/li][/ol]With the above settings for this file type, double-clicking on a .pdf file from within Opus should open it in the Adobe Reader application.

That fixed it.

Thanks for the help!