PDF metadata failure

I'm finding DO fails to show PDF Title, Subject and Author, e.g. below. Any ideas?

Is the PDF protected/encrypted? That's not supported currently.

It has no permissions restriction or encryption, TMK. Security Method is No Security. It is attached.

It didn't attach. Make sure to click "add the file" after selecting the local file to upload.

PDF files may need to be zipped for the forum to allow them, too.

Ah, I'd missed the "The extension pdf is not allowed." error. Amended: file.pdf .zip (8.78 KB)

BTW, is there some way I can amend an existing post of mine on this forum?

-> Why can't I edit my posts?

"Editing was disabled in the Help & Support area because several people kept editing their questions after they were answered"

Thanks. I guess the forum software does not allow editing only before an answer.

No, and that would not work if someone had read but not yet responded.

Let's stay on topic; the forum rules are there for a reason, after 10 years experience running the forum, and not up for debate even if they are a mild inconvenience. We've had this discussion 100 times before, and tried reverting the rules multiple times (usually took less than a day for someone to start editing threads in ridiculous ways) and are tired of it, especially when people criticise things before reading the FAQs and getting accustomed to the forum.

I'm glad I didn't do that, then!

Any news on the PDF fail?

Any news on the PDF fail?

Please?

I'm finding DO fails to show PDF Title, Subject and Author, e.g. below. Any ideas?

Any chance of an answer on this?

From a quick look at the file in a text editor, it has three separate copies of the metadata XML, which strikes me as wrong, so maybe the software that produced the file is not doing so correctly and different libraries for reading the metadata have different tolerances for whatever is wrong with the file.

Errors in how the file was created seem to be confirmed by the Free XMP Validator which says this when I upload the file to it:

[quote]XMP data is invalid

Reason: XMP metadata: Property 'creator' in predefined XMP schema 'dc' for PDF/A has wrong value type (must be 'seq')[/quote]

So I'd say the file is incorrect. Beyond that, we don't know, to be honest. If you want us to investigate in more detail, please link your account, but I suspect the issue is with the software/process which created the file and not with Opus.

For the record not just Explorer by Acrobat X succeed.

And FTR Acrobat reports:

PDF Producer: PDFlib 7.0.2 (Perl 5.8.1/Linux)
PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)

OK. Thanks for looking.