Permanent Delete Button

Permanent Delete Button?

Cant find it in DOpus..
does it come with a different name?

If its not in DOpus can someone give me a link
on how to create buttons in DOpus for total newbies?

Also i thing it would be great if DOpus comes with
2-3 user command buttons as an example in
right click > customize > commands > user > new user command

Thanking you in advance for any info!
FF.

If you want Opus not to use the Recycle Bin by default then you just need to flip the checkbox under Settings -> Preferences -> File Operations -> Deleting Files.

If you want Opus to use the Recycle Bin normally, but have a special button for deleting without using it, then the command is:

Delete NORECYCLE FROMFOCUS

Note that the default toolbar's Delete button runs this command:

Delete SHIFT FROMFOCUS

The SHIFT argument means that if Opus is configured to use the recycle bin and you hold shift when clicking the button, the delete will not use the recycle bin.

(If the recycle bin is switched off in preferences then the meaning of the SHIFT argument changes. See the Opus Raw Commands section of the manual for full details.)

Edit: Corrected above.

For a tutorial on button editing, watch this video:

[Toolbar Editing (video tutorial))

As for user commands, they are very rarely needed or used. They let you define a command in one place and then use it in several places, but it isn't often that people need to do that. You can probably ignore them for now. Just create / edit buttons directly on your toolbars instead.

If you meant that you wanted examples of user-editable commands then lots of them come with Opus. Every single toolbar button and menu item is user-editable.

Oh, there's also a "secure wipe" feature which overwrites the data to prevent recovery.

If that's what you're after the default toolbar already has such a command. It's the middle-click action of the delete button by default.

[quote="leo"]If you want Opus to use the Recycle Bin normally, but have a special button for deleting without using it, then the command is:

Delete NORECYCLE FROMFOCUS
[/quote]

Thanks! that's what i needed and it works!
(Now if only i could get rid off the "really delete?" dialog
it would be perfect!)

Thanks Again!
FF.

You can turn that off either via Preferences or via an argument to the Delete command, exactly the same as the Recycle Bin.