Persistent Creative Cloud Files

Hello everyone!

I am having an issue where the "Creative Cloud Files" link is being shown on my tree view. I have recently disabled creative cloud syncing and unpinned it from the default windows explorer side bar. I saw online that there is a setting to disable this in tree view/contents, however, that setting doesn't appear even after re-enabling creative cloud. I have also tried resetting my computer, re-pinning the creative cloud to windows, restarting Dopus.

Thanks for your help

The setting was only just added in the current beta version (12.6.1).

The update checker won't download beta versions automatically, so you would only have the 12.6.1 beta if you manually downloaded and installed it.

That's probably all you need to do to get the new option, but if that doesn't work then please let us know.

I didn't realize I was looking at the beta version notes. I will just wait until that feature gets rolled out into the public one, or if it bothers me enough go to the beta version. Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

I apologize if I should have created a new thread instead of necroing this one. I since purchased Directory Opus 12 and have been loving it. Unfortunately, even after installing the 12.6.3 beta I still don't see the Hide Adobe Creative Cloud setting in the appropriate area. I have ensured that Creative Cloud is installed and running. Is there any way I can get this setting to show up? Thanks

Edit: I just solved my problem by selecting Start Folder Tree at: This PC. It doesn't fix the fact that the Adobe Creative Cloud setting is missing, but it achieves what I wanted.

Are you using 32 bit Windows by any chance? It's possible they have two IDs for their component and we only detect the 64 bit one.

I just checked the system type and it says "64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor".

If you open regedit.exe on your system, which GUIDs (long strings beween {...} characters) do you have under this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

You can select each one to see the name of what it represents in the right hand side.

On my system, I have only {0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-57A8E09DEDB0} below there, and selecting it shows it is Creative Cloud Files. Is it different on yours?

We've improved the way we find the Creative Cloud Files folder for the next update.

Hello, sorry to the huge delay in my response. My registry did indeed look different and was missing that key, which could be the reason. I will look out for the next beta release! Thanks for your help!

Is there another key(s) in there instead?

I apologize, but I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_LOCAL_USER like you said. This is what I see when I navigate to the correct area. The other key reads "OneDrive" for the Data when it is selected.

1 Like

Many thanks! That should work in the next update.