Persistent Viewer Pane Previews Problems

I'm getting towards the end of my evaluation period, and I love the program however one issue constantly bugs me and has me on the fence about committing to Directory Opus.

The issue I am having is that the Viewer Pane preview remains on an image or file even if I have deselected it, and even if I move to another folder. It's driving me nuts that I can not find any setting to disable this.

I like the way explorer handles it, when I select a file the preview is displayed, if I deselect the file, or go into another folder the image is no longer in the preview.

Is this possible with Directory Opus?

An option for that is planned.

Awesome!

Also I found a script you wrote over the summer that addressed half of the issue I had!!

Though being able to click in an empty space to deselect, as well as being able lock the viewer pane if I do wish for image/file preview to be persistent (when needed) would be absolutely amazing!

I am going to be purchasing my copy now, love this software (I have my co-workers interested, but it needs to be on more people's radar - it's brilliant)

1 Like

Viewer pane locking can be done already. Make a button or hotkey which runs this:

Set VIEWPANELOCK=Toggle

Awesome! I will try that out. Just purchased the software too

2 Likes