Places selected files as layers into Photoshop CS3

This script places selected files into the current photoshop document as LAYERS.
If no document exists it will create a new document and place files as LAYERS.

I'm not a programmer: But I am very pleased with this bit of HAckWoRk I threw together. Thanks to LEO, he is VERY knowledgeable. His "Abuse Rename Scripting" article gave me the tools to implement a very old idea.

See Attachments:
Button Code is simply: Rename PRESET="§ Layerize"

This program directory opus is just TOO Amazing.
If this is useful please comment.
Layerize.dcf (288 Bytes)
§ Layerize.orp (1.92 KB)

Thanks very much. This is really useful.

Yeah, neat idea. Should come in handy!

I also created a similar script for InDesign that auto generates pages for each Item selected (Text File or Image) in Opus. It also centers & autosizes oversize images to the document margins.

It can easily be modded to throw everthing on the same page.

Thanks Zion! Really cool.

I would be very interested in your inDesign script. Could you post it as well??

thanx!

[quote="Zion"]I also created a similar script for InDesign that auto generates pages for each Item selected (Text File or Image) in Opus. It also centers & autosizes oversize images to the document margins.

It can easily be modded to throw everthing on the same page.[/quote]

InDesign Placer

[InDesign File Placer)

Hi Zion,

It might be worth changing both of these buttons/scripts so that the script is included in the button itself. That removes the need to create a rename preset and means everything is in one button file that can be installed in a single step.

The four examples linked at the top of my "Abusing" Rename Scripts to do other things with file info post all do this and it's just a matter of pasting the script into the button. (The script in the post itself does not.)

How do I do it, I tried just pasting the script into the button but alas NO DICE.

Check out the examples.

Just noticed that some people don't know how to install the script:

1. Download the .orp file. Open the Directory Opus Rename Dialog and set it to advanced mode.
Then select import from the file menu and open the .orp file. You can then add it to the presets
with the add button and give it the name: § Layerize

2. Download the .dcf file. Click Settings -> Customize -> drag the .dcf file onto the toolbar ...

If you've got both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Photoshop installed then the 64-bit version will be used by this button.

If you need to use the 32-bit version instead (e.g. for 32-bit-only Photoshop plugins) then see this thread.

Note: This is not a Photoshop support forum.

We've had a couple of posts in this thread asking general questions about how to do things in Photoshop.

This thread is for discussing Zion's Layerize script.

Questions that have nothing to do with Opus, and are just about how to use Photoshop, should be asked on a website dedicated to Photoshop. You'll get better answers there anyway!

Questions about how to make Opus & Photoshop work together to do other things should be asked in our Help & Support area.

Off-topic posts will be moved or deleted as appropriate.

Zion..Any chance of this being updated in order to work with CS 5 ?