Please add .EXR (and HDR) support in the Viewer

Working in animation and VFX, OpenEXR is the image filetype I use the most, as it is pretty much the industry standard format for digital compositing.

Being able to view these files in the Dopus viewer would be a great boost to productivity. It doesn't even have to support exposure controls at first :slight_smile:

And while you're at it, please add support for HDR files as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, exr viewing would be very usefull!
When working with VFX you have a lot of file handling. Even if I would be able to view .EXR without log/lin conversion.

2 Likes

Greetings all. Newby here - but a longstanding Directory Opus user. It's my #1 piece of software : )

However... I would dearly love to have some form of EXR viewing capability. Most of my work is in 3D-CGI graphics, video and animation - and Open EXR is a format I use everyday.

Please... : )

3 Likes

So true. please add EXR it would be such a help !
Thanks!!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Could you please elaborate on how to add this to Dopus?

1 Like

The link in qiuqiu's post is a C++ library. You'd need to write a C++ plugin around it to make it work in Opus.

This may work in Opus (and File Explorer), based on what I've read, but I haven't tried it personally with EXR or anything else:

https://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

2 Likes

Leo, thank you for sharing FastPictureViewer, I can confirm it works to preview EXRs on Dopus! Life-saver, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks Leo! This works great for thumbnails, so I'm buying a license. The Dopus viewer only shows the shell thumbnail though, which is kind of tiny. So there's still a desire to be able to use that for viewing (and maybe even an exposure slider :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thx Leo, it really does the job, with no hassle :slight_smile:

1 Like