Please add WebDav and SSH support

I love Dopus (have bought it, of course).

It would be really great if WebDav and SSH support were added.
Webdav doesn't work properly in Windows 7 so one has to install 3rd party software like NetDrive, and for SSH one has to use PuTTY.

Opus already supports SSH. (Requires the "Advanced FTP" optional extra. When you bought Opus it should have been offered by the web page. You can add it subsequently via the online Licence Manager.)

This thread about WebDav has something which may be worth trying (though I don't know if it works as nobody in the thread seemed bothered to try it). If you want Opus to support WebDav by itself then you should send GPSoftware a feature request (or try to convince someone to write a plugin; I'd be happy to help them but don't have the free time to write such a plugin myself).

BTW, what is it that doesn't work properly with WebDAV in Windows 7?

I did some more looking today and it sounds like it's at least supposed to work in Windows 7, although the way it's used changed a bit between XP and Vista.

It could be that I've missed it, but I cannot find where to setup SSH tunnels in Dopus (I've bought the extended version with SFTP and such).

This is what Synology writes in their help about WebDav:
To use WebDAV on Windows 7:
For Windows 7 users, you need to have a client software to use WebDAV. A software like this would be "Netdrive". You can also find many other client softwares on the Internet.

A lot of customers are writing in their forums that it doesn't work properly on Windows 7. I've tried it myself, but it didn't work either.

Are you sure an SSH tunnel is what you need here? SSH tunnels act as proxies and allow you to transmit some other protocol over SSH so the protocol is encrypted. SSH tunnels are not used directly for file transfer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunneling_protocol

SSH and SSH tunnels are not the same thing. (One uses the other.)

Yes, I know the difference, and I meant SSH tunneling. It would be great if it would be possible from Dopus. Maybe via a add-on?

Opus can create its own SSH (or SSL) connections for doing file management over SFTP (or FTPS), but it's not in the business of providing proxies for other applications.

Opus is a file manager, not a network proxy, so creating SSH tunnels for other applications to connect through seems far outside of its scope to me. (That's like asking for Opus to provide a web proxy; it could, but what does it have to do with file management?)

There are good, existing and free tools for creating SSH tunnels (e.g. PuTTY) and SSL tunnels (e.g. Stunnel).

I also don't understand how Opus (or anything else) creating an SSH tunnel would help you access files over WebDAV. What's the connection?

There is no connection. I had the WebDAV problem and when posting, I thought I combine the posts. But I agree with you. SSH tunneling has little to do with Dopus. The WebDAV support however does, in my opinion. Anyhow. Thanks for a great tool. I cannot go without Dopus anymore.