Plugins: New source code editor based on Scintilla for W7 and x64?

I'm actually one error report response behind, sorry! But to show my general appreciation and support for this, I did a little installer to easify handling for all of us. Digging through this thread to find out where the files belong is quite inconvenient and error prone, isn't it? o)

Download:
InstallPlugin_v0.1.dcf (4.93 KB)
Usage:

• download dosv_0_0_0_4.zip (the plugin itself)
  • download the InstallPlugin_*.dcf file from above and place it next to dosv_0_0_0_4.zip file
  • double click the *.dcf file (it is a DOpus button).
  • restart DO or refresh the list of viewer plugins via DO prefs

Output in the "Other Logs" utility panel is something like this.

Plugin Installer..
    TabPath        : C:
    TmpDirPath     : C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp
    64bit          : true
    Run Command    : COPY EXTRACT WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip"..
    ZipInnerDirName: 0.0.0.4
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes EXTRACT FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp..
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes EXTRACT FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp..
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp\0.0.0.4\..
    Run Command    : DELETE NOFROMFOCUS QUIET FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp"
Done!

Expect this:

• support for 32 and 64bit installations
  • USB export (if I did everything correct according to the information spread here from you Leo)
  • will ask if existing files are to be replaced (which is DO magic)

Here's a link to the post with the dsov_0_0_0_4.zip attachment. It took me a bit of time to find it.

Thanks DesertDwarf! o)

Now what about cleaning/updating/splitting this thread into something useful for all the people not curious enough to read through 4 pages to find the hidden treasures within? o)

Great idea tbone!
To open prefs dialog you can add:

Run(' PREFS page = plugins');

Sadly, only VFS plugins can be enabled by commands.

You can use the Show command to enable/disable viewer plugins.

It can also be used to open a plugin's config dialog directly, without opening Preferences, if that is of interest.

You are right. I didn't check the Show command.
What about the precedence of plugins?

Precedence can only be set through Preferences, although I think commands can specify a particular plugin to use on a particular file (I'd need to check that to be sure).

Gosh darn it! I forgot about this plugin. I need to reinstall it.

Please try the little installer! o)

Well, joke's on me. I didn't realize I already had it installed because I don't use the Viewer pane that much. Anyway, it attempted to install it, but since it's already installed, DOpus yelled at me that a file is locked.

So, it probably would have worked.

Okay, thanks! o)

Is this a source code EDITOR based on Scintilla for W7 and x64 like the subject line says, or just a VIEWER? I would be VERY interested in an editor plugin.

Viewer! o)

@gdobin
Are you there? o)

I received several update notifications on this thread, but I can't make out any changes.
Were there some important edits here (I even had mails claiming that @gdobin edited things)!?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I edited many of the posts to correct formatting. There were no actual content changes in here sorry.

I also created a new thread, to make it easier to find and download the plugin. Included in that thread are some colour scheme, in case people wanted to use a dark theme for the plugin.

Edits re-trigger the @ notifications for some reason.

Heaven forbid you should have to come to the forum for no reason :slight_smile:

1 Like

You prob want that. If someone edited the first post (which is often the main info and download post) of a thread, with an updated version you would want to know.