Plugins: New source code editor based on Scintilla for W7 and x64?

It hasn't been posted to the plugins area of the forum yet, only here in the development area, so I've been waiting, assuming the author doesn't feel it is ready for general consumption yet.

@ gdobin

Really nice work, my new favorite plug-in.

v12 x64

I'm actually one error report response behind, sorry! But to show my general appreciation and support for this, I did a little installer to easify handling for all of us. Digging through this thread to find out where the files belong is quite inconvenient and error prone, isn't it? o)

Download:
InstallPlugin_v0.1.dcf (4.93 KB)
Usage:

• download dosv_0_0_0_4.zip (the plugin itself)
  • download the InstallPlugin_*.dcf file from above and place it next to dosv_0_0_0_4.zip file
  • double click the *.dcf file (it is a DOpus button).
  • restart DO or refresh the list of viewer plugins via DO prefs

Output in the "Other Logs" utility panel is something like this.

Plugin Installer..
    TabPath        : C:
    TmpDirPath     : C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp
    64bit          : true
    Run Command    : COPY EXTRACT WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip"..
    ZipInnerDirName: 0.0.0.4
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes EXTRACT FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp..
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes EXTRACT FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp..
    Run Command    : COPY WHENEXISTS=replace COPYFILETIMES=yes COPYDIRTIMES=yes COPYATTR=yes FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp\0.0.0.4\..
    Run Command    : DELETE NOFROMFOCUS QUIET FILE="C:\dosv_0_0_0_4.zip.tmp"
Done!

Expect this:

• support for 32 and 64bit installations
  • USB export (if I did everything correct according to the information spread here from you Leo)
  • will ask if existing files are to be replaced (which is DO magic)

Here's a link to the post with the dsov_0_0_0_4.zip attachment. It took me a bit of time to find it.

Thanks DesertDwarf! o)

Now what about cleaning/updating/splitting this thread into something useful for all the people not curious enough to read through 4 pages to find the hidden treasures within? o)

Great idea tbone!
To open prefs dialog you can add:

Run(' PREFS page = plugins');

Sadly, only VFS plugins can be enabled by commands.

You can use the Show command to enable/disable viewer plugins.

It can also be used to open a plugin's config dialog directly, without opening Preferences, if that is of interest.

You are right. I didn't check the Show command.
What about the precedence of plugins?

Precedence can only be set through Preferences, although I think commands can specify a particular plugin to use on a particular file (I'd need to check that to be sure).

Gosh darn it! I forgot about this plugin. I need to reinstall it.

Please try the little installer! o)

Well, joke's on me. I didn't realize I already had it installed because I don't use the Viewer pane that much. Anyway, it attempted to install it, but since it's already installed, DOpus yelled at me that a file is locked.

So, it probably would have worked.

Okay, thanks! o)

Is this a source code EDITOR based on Scintilla for W7 and x64 like the subject line says, or just a VIEWER? I would be VERY interested in an editor plugin.

Viewer! o)

@gdobin
Are you there? o)

I received several update notifications on this thread, but I can't make out any changes.
Were there some important edits here (I even had mails claiming that @gdobin edited things)!?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I edited many of the posts to correct formatting. There were no actual content changes in here sorry.

I also created a new thread, to make it easier to find and download the plugin. Included in that thread are some colour scheme, in case people wanted to use a dark theme for the plugin.

Edits re-trigger the @ notifications for some reason.